Game Presentation Intern - Grand Rapids Griffins (Grand Rapids · MI)
Grand Rapids Griffins jobs
Sports Jobs in Grand Rapids · MI
Game Presentation Intern
Internship Overview: The Grand Rapids Griffins are searching for a dedicated, self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic individual to assist in the facilitation of the team’s game presentation for the 2021-22 season. The applicant for this internship should have a strong interest in a career on the event management side of sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the planning, preparation, and organization of all entertainment aspects of Grand Rapids Griffins home games.
- Assisting in the execution of game night plans, overseeing the promotional team, mascots, and all contests/promotions on the ice and in the stands.
- Staging and maintenance of all in-game promotions and props.
- Researching and developing new promotions and giveaways through various methods.
- Organizing all essential Griffins related setup including: Game night setup (concourse maps, building notes/emails), afternoon hockey setup, and other special event setup on a per game basis.
- Assisting with the booking, coordination, and fulfillment of national anthem performers, Zamboni riders, and birthday announcement requests.
- Management of promotional giveaways as they arrive to Van Andel Arena, including coordination of giveaway storage both on and off site as well as keeping inventory of items prior to the giveaway date
- Completing regular office hours on non-game days
- Various duties assigned by the Director of Game Operations.
Internship Length: September 2021 – April 2022
- Complimentary tickets for games worked.
- Game night meals.
- Must be currently attending college or just recently graduated, preferably with a Sports Management, Event Management, Communications, or Business Administration major.
- Availability to work at least 30 office hours each week.
- Availability to work ALL home games during the 2021-22 season (including those on and around holidays).
- Demonstrate highly developed verbal, written, and interpersonal skills for interactions with fans and co-workers.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere is preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Lifting 10-50 pound containers infrequently.
- Bending required when lifting.
- Standing for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you available to work nights, weekends, and holidays?