Public Relations and Media Relations Intern - Colorado Eagles (Windsor · CO)
Assist in the preparation of Game Notes for each and every game (Game Notes are distributed to the media, both locker rooms and the luxury suites). These include statistical information, player bios and team comparisons. Assist in the set-up of the press box area prior to each game and serve as a support system for the media during the games. Some writing of game program material, press releases, game recaps and other time-sensitive materials will be included. You will also assist in the production of the Eagles Media Guide(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- A clean, professional appearance and attitude
- Availability to work on all of the Eagles game nights from about 4pm-10pm
- On rare occasions, the availability to assist in the Eagles office on non-game days
- A background in journalism or communications
- A positive attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond the internship responsibilities
- The ability to make informed decisions under pressure and tight deadlines
- Approximately 200 internship hours per semester time commitment
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to the Vice President of Communications and Broadcasting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you plan to apply for other internship(s) with the Colorado Eagles? If yes, which internship(s)?
Are you currently enrolled in college or a trade school? If yes, will you be receiving school credit?
What is your availability from September- May?