Mascot Performer - Colorado Eagles (Windsor · CO)
Colorado Eagles jobs
Sports Jobs in Windsor · CO
Seeking an outgoing, energetic individual to engage with fans in-game and at community appearances in the northern Colorado area. This position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working events both inside and outside of the arena. This person will primarily be the backup mascot and handler who helps the mascot during games and will fill in as the mascot during occasional games and community appearances. This is a part-time non-exempt position.
- Work on a part-time basis as the handler for Slapshot, the mascot of the Colorado Eagles
- Execute mascot appearances in the community. This may include, but is not limited to sponsor, charities, parades, media, and private functions
- Maintain animated personality with good interpersonal communication skills and creativity
- Ability to be trained, coached, and critiqued as Slapshot
- Work directly with the community relations, game operations, and social media departments
- Fulfill in-game promotions and entertainment
- Create memorable experiences for all fans by engaging and energizing the crowd
- Serve as brand ambassador for the Colorado Eagles while properly representing the Colorado Eagles organization and Slapshot in a professional manner at all times
- Previous mascot/performer experience preferred, but not required
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Be athletic and physically fit to perform mascot duties
- Act professionally with staff, Eagles Chicks, players, coaches, and other team personnel
- Must be well organized, punctual, dependable, have a positive attitude and be friendly
- Must be able to communicate nonverbally and create spontaneous crowd interaction
- Have a great sense of humor and enjoy interacting with people of all ages
- Must be local to northern Colorado to carry out appearance requests
- Works well with children and staff members at events
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to ice skate - not required but highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have previous mascot performer experience?
Do you have reliable transportation?
Can you ice skate?