Floor Manager - Colorado Eagles (Windsor · CO)
Colorado Eagles jobs
Sports Jobs in Windsor · CO
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Part-Time: Game Days Only
Reports To: Colorado Eagles Director of Game Operations
About the Eagles
The Colorado Eagles are entering their 19th season as an organization. Founded in 2003 by 6-time Stanley Cup winner Ralph Backstrom, this will be the Eagles' 4th season as the top affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche in the American Hockey League (AHL). The Eagles have previously won championships in the CHL, ECHL, and are currently looking to add a Calder Cup championship to their resume. The Colorado Eagles' goal is to provide the best in family affordable entertainment and support the communities of Northern Colorado.
The Colorado Eagles are seeking a behind-the-scenes floor manager to assist in the development and implementation of all game operations activities and events. The ideal candidate will have event management experience in a professional or college sports environment. The Floor Manager position is part-time and will run until the end of the season. The position will be paid on a per-game basis.
- Assists the Director of Game Operations with executing in-game promotions, sponsorship activations, fan engagement, and other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinate and execute Colorado Eagles on ice activations during Eagles’ home games.
- Work with all Colorado Eagles and Budweiser Events Center departments regarding in-game promotion, activation, and execution of in-arena elements.
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including soundchecks (ie anthem singers), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, flags, performances, color guards, group activities, etc.
- Will act as a liaison between the Director of Game Operations to set up and cue interns, the in-arena host, and other talent for live promotions and intermission activities that occur during the game.
- Supervise game day staff and interns to ensure all activations are properly set and managed.
- Coordinate with vendors, talent, players, executives, and guests to successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised game/event elements as required and as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate ceremonies, entertainers, and other live presentations in coordination with instruction from the Director of Game Operations.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of events.
- Prior experience in sports or large event operations, entertainment, or promotions.
- Knowledge of hockey and game day protocols.
- Proven ability to supervise and manage interns and game night staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep up with a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple promotions.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Must be able to work all Colorado Eagles home games.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
- Comfortable in front of large crowds.
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and meet company vehicle driving standards.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the Director of Game Operations and Events by August 1st, 2021. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.