Digital Media Intern - Colorado Eagles (Windsor · CO)
- Opportunity to meet with each department within the Eagles front office to learn more about different areas in the sports industry.
- Career guidance and coaching from our front office staff.
- Experience in developing and executing in digital and social media.
- Learn about all aspects of digital media and visual content and have a hand in creating content for the team and our players.
- Ideate and create compelling, social-specific content, both photo and video, of Eagles games, practices, players’ lifestyle and community events.
- Assist the Digital Media Manager with writing engaging, timely and on-brand copy for social media posts during games, practices and events.
- Manipulate graphical templates and conceptualize ideas for engaging graphics.
- Assist with monitoring daily content and fan engagement across social channels - actively engage and respond to followers and brainstorm ways to increase social conversation.
- Assist in tracking metrics for all organic content and sponsorship initiatives and building weekly and monthly reports for Eagles management.
- Assist in scheduling and implementing a monthly/weekly/daily social media calendar.
- Identify top players and fans and develop behind-the-scenes, off-ice and community feature storylines and narratives around them.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and generate ideas for social content that will engage and entertain fans.
- Experience in capturing and editing photo and video content, using both cell phone and DSLR camera during game and non-game settings.
- Strong visual eye for social media graphics, photography, videos, etc.
- General experience in Adobe Suite preferred, experience with Photoshop and Premiere is a plus.
- Experience managing various social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok) is a plus, but not required.
- Must have strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills and sound editorial judgment.
- Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas.
- Strong desire to continue learning and growing their career, strengths/weaknesses, and skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in college and able to receive school credit.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you plan to apply for other internship(s) with the Colorado Eagles? If yes, which internship(s)?
Are you currently enrolled in college or a trade school? If yes, will you be receiving school credit?
What is your availability from September- May?