Media Relations Coordinator with Chicago Wolves in Glenview, IL
Chicago Wolves jobs
Sports Jobs in Glenview, IL
Communications/Community Relations: Media Manager
MEDIA RELATIONS COORDINATOR
The Chicago Wolves are looking for a Media Relations Coordinator to join the Media Relations department and assist in all facets of communications. Whether it’s writing a feature for our website, helping with a social media campaign or pitching stories to the media, the Media Relations Coordinator contributes widely to the department’s efforts.
- Work with department members and team executives to ensure consistency of voice, values, and messaging across all platforms
- Attend practices to collect content from players, coaches, and behind the scenes
- Attend all home games, producing content for various platforms in an efficient manner before, throughout and following the game
- Cover all road games from Chicago (some travel possible) on social platforms along with postgame content updates
- Coordinate production of media materials, including game notes, publications, web content and more
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- 1-2 years of work in a media, digital, PR, or social environment
- Strong writing background and knowledge of AP Style is a must
- Ability to multitask, work on deadline, and maintain professional manner under pressure
- Professional experience running social media accounts a plus
- Professional sports/hockey background a plus
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign required and experience with Photoshop helpful
- Must have access to reliable transportation as the job requires frequent travel between the business office in Glenview, Allstate Arena in Rosemont, and the team’s practice facility in Hoffman Estates
- Flexible schedule required: must work nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?