Director of Marketing - AHL Coachella Valley (Coachella Valley · CA)
AHL Coachella Valley jobs
Sports Jobs in Coachella Valley · CA
Position: Director, Marketing
Department: AHL (TBN) Marketing and Communications team
Reports To: President
Location: Coachella Valley, CA
Interested candidates can apply directly here:
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Coachella Valley is our duty and driving business is our responsibility.
On January 25, 2020 the AHL granted the 32nd AHL franchise to Oak View Group (OVG). As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, this team continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 22-23 AHL season. In addition to the development of a new state of the art facility (Coachella Valley Arena) OVG is consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility adjacent to the Arena, with one NHL regulation rink. This development represents not only further investment in making Coachella Valley the epicenter of Southern California but establishing a new skating presence within the region for the first time.
With an enthusiastic and growing fan base, the Team is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to oversee our Marketing department.
This is an exceptional opportunity to establish the Coachella Valley Teams brand and take our organization to the next level and make your mark on a historic project for Coachella Valley.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of fan engagement and acquisition strategies. They will establish the Brand and direct omnichannel marketing campaigns that support all facets of the business. This role requires a strategic leader who can collaborate and lead across departments, as well as facilitate the use of data and technology to grow a robust and diverse fan database.
- Create, integrate and manage the marketing calendar including but not limited to the following channels: TV, radio, OOH, digital (web, texting, mobile, social, app & email etc.), gameday, and special events to support the daily operations of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to create fan journeys with personalized messaging across channels.
- Strategize with Database group to develop CRM, automated messaging, email marketing and data capture campaigns.
- Lead the Teams creative team, ensuring accurate and consistent representation of the brand on all digital properties and channels; responsible for hiring, onboarding, scheduling, performance management, and providing day-to-day guidance and leadership.
- Approve and envision all promotional and sponsored digital content on social channels, website, and emails in coordination with marketing team.
- Responsible for building the annual promotional calendar including theme nights, theme night ticket offers, giveaways, sponsorship elements, etc.
- Manage Teams related business promotions & activations with radio, digital, influencer, and broadcast media partners.
- Professionally represent the Team during games, appearances, community events, etc. in order to nurture existing partner relationships as well as build new partnerships.
- Analyze & interpret all digital practices, using metrics and Key Performance Indicators in order to ensure decisions are driven by data.
- Manage the marketing budget and circulate efficient and accurate reporting, detailing results of digital marketing campaigns and providing strategic recommendations to the leadership team.
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships team to integrate partner brands and support activations as part of a larger marketing strategy.
- Work with Coachella Valley Arena Marketing and staff to fulfill marketing objectives, in-game promotional activities and giveaways during home games.
Experience & Skills:
The Director of Marketing must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant marketing experience. In-house marketing or agency experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing, leading, and developing a team.
- Ability to analyze campaign components, provide ROI and KPIs
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively and efficiently – both written and oral.
- Knowledge of digital marketing, strategy, and sales.
- Strong sense of creativity and organization.
- Proficient in various platforms such as Photoshop, Shopify, Sprout Social, Constant Contact and has experience with website design.
- Experience with ticketing systems and sports ticket sales a plus.
- Sense of ownership and pride, in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Team player with excellent time-management skills.
- Intermittent Travel (<10% travel): Trips will require some air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Oak View Group are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If offered this position, are you able to relocate to Coachella Valley, California?