Account Executive, Ticket Sales - Coachella Valley Firebirds (Palm Desert · CA)
Coachella Valley Firebirds jobs
Sports Jobs in Palm Desert · CA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Position: Account Executive, Ticket Sales
Reports To: Frank Torres
Location: Coachella Valley, CA
Start Date: March 21, 2022
Founded in 2015 by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, Oak View Group (OVG) is the largest developer of new arenas in the world with over $4.5 billion worth of projects underway in Seattle, Belmont Park, Austin, Savannah, Palm Springs, Milan, and Manchester (U.K.). The company has over 500 employees across five offices around the globe.
We are here to be a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry. At OVG, we own the space between the “What If” and the “How To.” We believe it is not enough to consider what our clients could be, we build businesses by dreaming of the impossible while thinking strategically and how to execute flawlessly. The status quo is our adversary.
We never forget that we are fans first and every decision we make is through that lens. It is that unique perspective that drives our passion for innovating and improving the live experience.
OVG is currently comprised of nine different business divisions that operate with one common goal in mind – to be a positive disruption. Each division is comprised of industry veterans who built their careers and reputations on the premise of leaving somewhere better and stronger than where they found it. Our immense practical and first-hand knowledge fosters an environment of trust, collaboration, and ingenuity. Humility is at our core. We do not strive to be the biggest – we strive to earn the respect of the industry and our clients through the world-class work that we do, and we take pride in being the best. Visit www.oakviewgroup.com to learn more about our company.
ABOUT ACRISURE ARENA:
America’s hottest music festival destination is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in the late 2022, the Acrisure Arena will provide the greater Palm Springs area of Southern California with a premiere 11,500+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for hockey and concerts, the new arena will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all the benefits of a modern music and sports venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Seattle Kraken.
The Coachella Valley Arena is a $290+ million project that is being 100% privately funded through outstanding partners Oak View Group, Live Nation, and the NHL Seattle.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through exceptional sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, and honoring the culture and diversity of the cities that make up the Coachella Valley in Southern California.
The Account Executive, Ticket Sales position is responsible for driving AHL Palm Springs Season and Group ticket revenue. In addition, this position will also be responsible for helping to drive contracted revenue for suites and club seats in the new Palm Springs arena.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently network, solicit and follow-up on any personal sales leads under the guidelines established by the company
- Source new business opportunities through progressive cold-calling, referrals, and leveraging of relationships
- Develop and implement process for incoming premium focused calls
- Actively prospect and research new sales leads
- Perform regular task analysis to meet (and/or exceed) sales goals for premium areas
- Provide analytical and well documented reports for all clients and prospects through CRM software
- Act as a point of contact and build influential relationships with clients and prospects
- Process invoices and additional ticket orders
- Prepare and conduct in-person meetings in and out of the office
- Develop strong working relationships within the office to build company morale
- Develop process for distribution of promotional items to suite holders throughout the season
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years sales/service experience in the hospitality/sports/entertainment industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Highly organized with good coordinating/project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to analyze problems involving many variables
- Proficient in MS Office with Salesforce or similar CRM experience - Ticketmaster platform experience preferred - Archtics
- High level of demonstrated professionalism, integrity and ability to maintain sensitive information and appropriate decorum
- Team player with a positive attitude, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a strong work ethic
- Competitive, self-motivated and creative-thinking skills and a team-first attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Vaccination Statement: We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
If offered this position, are you able to relocate to Coachella Valley, California?