Manager, Business Analytics - American Hockey League (Springfield · MA)
American Hockey League jobs
Sports Jobs in Springfield · MA
Ticket Operations: Box Office Database Administration
Description: The American Hockey League is made of teams located from coast to coast across the United States and in four provinces in Canada and has served as the developmental league for the NHL for 85 years. It has captivated hockey enthusiasts and first-timers alike. Our teams come from a diverse and wide range of communities. Your modeling, dashboard development, and forecasting skills and capabilities will help inform how teams drive revenue and grow fan communities. You will explore league-wide ticketing and corporate sales data to develop insights for our member teams, maintain our legacy data analytics platform, and collaborate in managing annual professional development initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President, Team Business Services, you will partner with other team members to develop insights for league members that help create sustainable organizations while deepening fan engagement.
The Team Business Services Department uses a wide range of initiatives to deliver best practices to member clubs, including sales data collection, onsite team visits, business planning, newsletters, conference calls, and professional development seminars to support the continued growth of American Hockey League ticket sales, corporate sales, and fan base. We enjoy a bird's eye view of changes that occur across the league and help to support members in identifying opportunities that drive growth and sustainability.
- Assist Vice President of Team Business Services with the league-wide data collection, including compliance, league reports, etc. to ensure accurate and detailed reporting.
- Will utilize tools such as Power BI, R, SQL, etc. to query and drive reporting and analysis on a wholistic level.
- Responsible for predictive/statistical modeling, data science, trend analysis, and best practice identification.
- Partner with the Vice President of Team Business Services to design new and innovative analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors & recommend actions to drive desired outcomes. Research key trends affecting the sports & entertainment industries.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to answer specific business questions & produce actionable insights.
- Act as a liaison between league office and team staff to coordinate accurate revenue reporting and to further facilitate communication among the AHL clubs to gather best practices.
- Participate in professional development seminars including annual Ticket Sales Leadership Training, Team Business Meetings, and on-site team visits.
- Work closely with the development team to maintain & improve the AHL Analytics platform, consistently monitoring the site for bugs and shaping business requirements for new enhancements to the site.
- Design, interpret and synthesize on-going and ad-hoc surveys to help Team Business Services collect key data points from teams’ business operations.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Information Management, Statistics, or related field
Experience: 1-2 years
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SAS, R etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Proficient in data extraction & transformation, relational databases & SQL.
- Ability to apply theoretical or experiential knowledge on predictive modeling to solve large scale business problems.
- Understanding of complex digital ecosystems and metrics available for collection and analysis.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter, team player and detail oriented.
- Ticket operations experience in professional sports preferred.
- Not a remote position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau?
Are you proficient in/have experience with data extraction from relational databases using SQL?
Are you willing to relocate to Springfield, MA?