Part-Time Housekeeping Attendant - YC - Yuengling Center (Tampa · FL)
Yuengling Center jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Custodial/Housekeeping
ABOUT USF ATHLETICS:
USF Athletics sponsors 19 varsity men’s and women’s teams that compete in 11 different sports, 18 competing at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls’ athletic program celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2015, having started with a men’s soccer contest in 1965. Nearly 500 student-athletes train and compete in the athletic district located on the east end of the Tampa campus. The Bulls have claimed nine conference titles in the American Athletic Conference since 2013. Nine US programs reached NCAA post-season competition in 2015-16 and USF posted a program-record 86 percent Graduation Success Rate among student-athletes in the latest reporting. Go Bulls!
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression while delivering World Class Service. This position plays a vital role in creating a clean, safe, and enjoyable experience for our guests and employees.
Housekeeping attendants are responsible for the cleaning and support of our facility and grounds to make every event a World-Class success. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, stooping, reaching, climbing stairs, and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a positive first impression by offering World Class Service
- Responsible for providing a clean and safe facility before, during, and after all events
- Clean and maintain all bathrooms and replenish supplies as needed
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, and maintain various types of floors
- Clean all surfaces including glass, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Responsible for picking up trash and emptying trash and recycle receptacles
- Maintain a clean, neat, and professional appearance during work hours
- Help assure the healthy, safety, and security of co-workers and guests by following all safety procedures and rules
- Monitor and report to the manager any discrepancies, damage, loss of property, safety issues
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must comply with our company policy of background checks and pre-employment drug screening
- Must be polite, friendly and possess exceptional public relations skills as this position includes extensive guest contact
- Prior guest service experience a plus
- Must maintain an energetic, pleasant, and neat professional appearance
- Punctual, dependable, and excellent work attendance required
- Must be able to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to relate with a diverse customer background
- Adaptability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to listen effectively, take and execute directions given
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time as well as walk long distances and upstairs
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in large crowds for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds without accommodation
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (overnight) shifts available
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.