HVAC/Refrigeration/Appliance Technician - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Amalie Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. It is a behind-the -scenes role that requires handling of all arena HVAC Systems. The HVAC technician installs, repairs, or maintains heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems that control the temperature and air quality in our buildings. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, climbing and the ability to lift 50 pounds. The HVAC Technician will also support other VSG facilities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and repair various components of climate control systems including motors, cooling and heating coils, heat pumps, hot water systems.
- Program, monitor and schedule the cycling of climate control systems through a complex DDC processor for the most economical level of operation.
- Test and treat via chemical alteration all open and closed looped climate control energy systems, including the treatment of cooling towers.
- Maintenance and repair of centrifugal chillers and boilers including monitoring energy management procedures.
- Maintain and repair ice-making equipment, refrigeration equipment and appliances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to decipher blueprints, schematics, and working equipment documents
- Possess a Journeyman’s Unlimited License and/or HVAC Certification.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in the HVAC/Refrigeration preventative maintenance field
- Thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal codes and regulations
- Teamwork with emphasis on workplace safety
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to multitask and take direction well
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in large crowds for an extended period of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and possible infrequent holidays and double shifts
- Energetic, in good physical condition and stamina, this position may require working outside with exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- The ability to stand on feet for long periods of time and walk long distances and climb stairs. The ability to climb ladders, kneel, bend, stoop, and squat without any physical movement restriction.
- Using proper lifting technique, the ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.