Job Questions: How did you hear about this job?
Thank you for your interest in the Tampa Bay Lightning, Yuengling Center, Amalie Arena and The Identity - Tampa Bay. We are a world-class organization that fosters employee satisfaction and growth. We believe in creating a culture where employees feel appreciated and rewarded for all that they do and contribute to the organization. Our employees are a very important key to our success.
Vision: A World Class + organization unifying the Tampa Bay community through the power of Lightning hockey, events, and legendary experiences.
Values: Team, Brand, Service, Excellence, Community
Vice President of Technology Services & Innovation with Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment in Tampa, FL
Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment (TBSE) is in Tampa, Florida and operates the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning, Amalie Arena, the University of South Florida Yuengling Center and The Identity Tampa Bay.
The Vice President of Technology Services & Innovation is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the organization’s technology services and arena operations that support the overall vision of creating a world-class plus fan experience at multiple locations in the Tampa Bay market. This position is responsible for leading Innovation efforts in all areas of our business. This position is part of the senior leadership team and serves as a strategic business partner to all areas of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and position overall technology vision and technology innovation that aligns with stakeholders and organizations growth both in arena and other properties/venues
• Develop strong relationships with all TBSE team members and provide innovation and information technology support to Senior Leadership Team
• Build and manage dynamic and customer focused technology team to support mission and vision
• Create overall technology standards, policies and practices and ensuring adherence that supports the business needs of the organization
• Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
• Overseeing research and development initiative to keep organization at the forefront of innovative trends
• Collaborating with the executive team to assess and recommend technologies in support of organizational needs
• Financially manage resources and budgets to align with business needs and expectations
• Prepares systems cost estimates and cost-benefit analyses • Lead and manage special projects and initiatives from inception to completion assuring quality control and financial projections are met
• Make recommendations to senior management through presentations and advocacy • Manage data systems implementation and monitoring their effectiveness in meeting business goals and objectives
• Supervise software testing, and information systems security and maintenance
• Manage staff in functional areas such as LAN/WAN architecture, systems operations and administration, telephony, access control & CCTV, audio/video services, help desk, and hardware and software support
• Develop strategic relationships with vendors and contractor that support projects and operations
• Anticipate and react to major technology changes
• Develop technology contingency plans to keep systems operational in the event of a disaster and keep projects on track
• Actively participate in resources reduction, energy optimization and good sustainable practices
• Generate new innovative products and facilitate their entry to market when applicable
• Relevant and updated certifications required for project management, system implementation, maintenance and management (Cisco, Microsoft, CPM, PMP etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or related field required
• Proven experience strategic leadership ability including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, assign, direct and evaluate the work of professional and administrative staff
• Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with their team, the executive team and ownership
• Ability to think proactively and a confident decision maker who will challenge the status quo finding creative financial solutions, while remaining sensitive to the complexities and multi-dimensional aspects of TBSE
• Oriented toward long-term strategic success
• Strong business acumen and operational instincts
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written); excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills; excellent organization skill
• Demonstrated experience managing departmental and organizational technology budget and fiscal management including creation of strategic business plans
• Ability to deal with others in a variety of situations using tact and diplomacy
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
• Prior experience building an effective IT infrastructure to meet business requirements
• Track record of data driven and analytical decision making
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?