As a division of Guest Services, The Plaza Team is responsible for providing World Class customer service to the guests at the Amalie Arena, ensuring guests feel welcomed and that they leave with a long lasting, positive impression of our Arena. The Plaza Team is often the first point of contact that guests encounter when arriving at the Arena as well as the last as guests leave the arena. Plaza Team is expected to maintain a working knowledge of our facilities and special events. This position plays a vital role when it comes to creating a safe and interactive environment for our guests. This position will often times be the first contact for many of our venue sponsors, local radio stations and plaza entertainment. The members of the Plaza Team must exhibit an enthusiastic personality and be proactive in every area. Upon hire, all employees will be expected to be available for no less than 70% of all events, as well as, 70% of all events that are deemed mandatory by management.
- Assist conversion with set up and take down of Plaza
- Direct and greet guests as they arrive at the Arena
- Facilitate Kid’s Zone games and interactive areas
- Respond to and investigate incidents that occur on the East and West Plaza
- Manage large crowds pre and post event
- Enforce all arena policies during an event
- Check tickets of guests as they enter and exit smoking areas
- Must handle any and all guest-related matters in a professional and courteous manner
- Manage the lines at the ticket office, Thunder Alley food stands, student rush, and all gates
- Enforce the Arena’s policy regarding scalpers
- Must be willing to assist other Arena departments.
- Compliance with our company policy of Background Checks and Drug Screening
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to stand and/or walk long distances for up to 8 hours
- Must have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with people and building new relationships
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Must enjoy interacting with children
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures
- Previous customer service experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a thorough understanding of written and spoken English. Bilingual a plus.