Account Manager, Partnerships - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning Jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsor
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Account Manager, Partnerships will manage all aspects associated with the strategic planning, ideation, consulting, implementation, and retention of assigned, marquee corporate partner sponsorship accounts. The Account Manager will focus on providing our top partners with world-class service, strategic marketing and activation platforms, and streamlined execution to drive win/win/win solutions for the partners’ business, the fan experience, and VSG. This role will be responsible for achieving department revenue goals though successful account management, renewing, and growing managed, accounts, as well as supporting the Partnerships department in driving new business for all VSG properties, as applicable. The Account Manager will be immersed in all VSG property benefits and business lines including, but not limited to, traditional signage, television, endorsements, radio, intellectual property, social & digital media, content, promotional giveaways, experiential opportunities, community and cause marketing, special events and corporate hospitality. Additionally, the Account Manager will have leadership responsibilities within the department, on special projects and serve on organizational committees. Culture fit and the proven ability to operate successfully at a high level while leading in both thought and action with an organization first, department second, individual third mindset is critical.
Game/ Event Responsibilities:
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per year: 50
- USF Fellow (1)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day management, activation, and development of assigned VSG partners.
- Act as corporate marketing consultant to partner contacts to develop and deliver on impactful, effective, and measurable sponsorship platforms.
- Lead the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, including but not limited to: traditional media assets (e.g., radio, print, television, digital, social, etc.), in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate on the strategy and fulfillment of partnership marketing initiatives.
- Apply partnership knowledge which includes discovery, presentation, overcoming objections, conveying strategic value proposition, listening, negotiating, and closing renewal business.
- Develop and execute a professional renewal presentation which conveys the unique selling proposition and is customized with benefits to meet company goals.
- Help manage the process of measuring the effectiveness of assigned sponsorship platforms to demonstrate partner ROI and ROO using tools such as YouGov, Nielsen, Blinkfire Analytics, independent internal studies, etc.
- Responsible for directly contributing to overall company and department revenue goals through partnership renewals and upsells as well as supporting new business development efforts.
- Maintain and grow partner relationships at all levels from day-to-day contacts to decision makers through regular touchpoints, including but not limited to: weekly or bi-weekly status calls; annual partner activation summit; hospitality and events; pre-season planning, mid-season check-in, and post-season recap meetings; etc.
- Act as an extension of assigned partners’ brand, understanding the industry landscape, business objectives, challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Manage both internal and external partner expectations on processes, timelines, approvals, and deadlines.
- Ideate and innovate sponsor platforms to drive business objectives and to solve business unique challenges.
- Provide vision and leadership serving as a lead on special projects, committees within the organization, and within the Partnerships department.
- Support organization CHARGE program with 25 hours of community service per year
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university required.
- MBA and/or master’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management preferred, but not required.
- 5 or more years of experience in marketing, activation, consulting, and client focused position(s) in sports, entertainment, advertising, brand, and/or consulting agency
- Creative, enthusiastic, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service focus and sales skills.
- Strong project management skills focused on organization, time management and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic and solution-oriented.
- Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver results for client(s) and achieve company goals and objectives.
- Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Lead with an organization first, department second, individual third mindset.
- Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment
- Diverse market and work experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. CRM experience a plus.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.