Staff Accountant - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for Accounts Receivable.
- Work with various departments to create invoices based on contracted parties.
- Review, analyze and record daily & weekly collections
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions
- Run AR Aging report for analysis, track payments, collect delinquent payments
- Respond to vendor and internal staff inquiries and questions.
- Review, maintain and reconcile AR reports, spreadsheets, and files
- Account reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare detailed account schedules
- Prepare and input journal entries
- Assist with external audits, including various state tax audits and year-end audits
- Assist with processes which ensure accurate & timely financial reporting
- Ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Assist in event night settlements, working closely with the Events Department and show Promoters
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting or accounts receivable role
- Must be proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office products, specifically with strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics SL or similar accounting software preferred
- Must be energetic and eager to learn with a team mindset
- Must be accurate and efficient, with the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Must maintain professionalism at all times and be comfortable and capable of working with all levels of management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.