Manager of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a foundational pillar of Vinik Sports Group’s (VSG) corporate value system and recognized as an integral part of our brand identity, brand promise and corporate culture. As we strive to accomplish this, we intend to apply a diverse lens to everything we do and will embed the best-practices and proven principles of DE&I across our business enterprise in a structured, disciplined, practical and prudent manner. The Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will play an integral role in accomplishing our DE&I ambition and will further strengthen and improve coordination of VSG’s existing strategy to support all communities as well as elevate our existing DE&I initiatives. This role will focus on supporting differing races, religions, heritage, ages, genders, sexual orientations, physical abilities, and learning differences to strengthen both VSG as well as our greater community. The Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will be responsible for integrating VSG’s DE&I strategy with business goals and values to enhance our organizational culture, brand, reputation, and social impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Focus, Scope & Impact – Internal:
- Serve as a key member of the VSG Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) extended leadership team, and the key leader of the DE&I committee.
- Responsible for leading the execution of the company’s DE&I strategy, and the design and implementation of strategic DE&I initiatives to drive cross-functional adaptation and adoption.
- Ensure DE&I is integrated into each department’s Annual Business Planning, metrics and tracking.
- Work with departmental business leaders to define & establish DE&I standards and targets to aligned with their metrics for success. (e.g., Procurement, HR, Partnership Activation, Marketing, etc.).
- Track the inclusion of diverse vendors & suppliers to ensure access to procurement & service opportunities and track the amount of direct and indirect spending across diverse vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
- Partner with People operations to build intentional talent identification, candidate pools and hiring processes to lead to a stronger pipeline of diverse talent.
- In conjunction with People Operations, drive VSG employee training and education/learning platforms (e.g., Mitigating Bias) to accelerate an inclusive leadership culture and the enhance employee feedback process.
- Update and maintain our DE&I Roadmap to ensure it is reflective of VSG and the needs of our community.
- Work with our Hockey is for Everyone committee chairs to ensure HIFE outreach and programming (e.g. Black Heritage month, Hispanic Heritage Month, PRIDE) are aligned with our strategic DEI initiatives
Focus, Scope, & Impact – External:
- Manage the development and evolution of inclusive networks and partner with external experts to advance our DE&I agenda. Continuously look for inspiration from external DE&I practices and strategic partners.
- Serve as a relationship connector and ongoing coordinator of network activity among community constituents, partners, and civic organizations.
- Design and/or amplify the DE&I narrative (DE&I Value Proposition) in partnership with internal and external constituents as appropriate.
- Utilize partners/constituents to build intentional talent & candidate pools for hiring opportunities and procurement awards.
- Track our community engagement and our impact with non-profit organizations that are led by diverse leaders and/or supporting diverse communities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Ability to build credibility and establish trust among coworkers and management
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with staff and communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Demonstrated success in building, driving, leading, and implementing innovative and comprehensive enterprise-wide DEI strategies
- Strong public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, with ability to work with little direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); Ability to create and present effective presentations · Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.