Director, Partnership Marketing & Activation - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
The Director, Partnership Marketing & Activation will be responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of business professionals, creating and executing an annual partnership marketing & activation business plan and renewal / upsell sales strategy, and leading partnership consulting, marketing and activation efforts. This person will work in close collaboration with the Director, Partnership Development and the Director, VSG Properties & Engagement to ensure team cohesion and synergy. Culture fit and the proven ability to operate successfully at a high level while leading in both thought and action with an organization first, department second, individual third mindset is critical.
The Director, Partnership Marketing & Activation will need to possess a positive, solution oriented, collaborative mindset, be a relationship oriented individual, excel at storytelling, creativity, ideation, and consulting, and embrace innovation.
• Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per year: 50
Supervisory & Management Responsibilities:
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
• Responsible for leading a team of partnership marketing & activation business professionals, tasked with retaining and growing VSG partnership revenues through unparalleled partner relationships, delivering best-in-class partnership marketing and activation platforms, and driving our partners’ business objectives via a diverse mix of marquee benefits.
• Lead the strategic planning and execution of all partnership marketing and activation elements, measurement and communication of partner value and return on objectives, and current partner renewal and upsell sales strategy, annually.
• Develop and execute strategic plans to elevate department’s partnership marketing & activation efforts, focusing on big ideas, creativity, innovation, synergies, and win/win/win initiatives that drive the partner’s business, enhance the fan experience, and support VSG’s property brands.
• Responsible for leading and managing the department’s partnership marketing & activation business processes from start to finish – new partner on-boarding, season planning, delivery of all contractual benefits, partner communications and relationships, partner recaps and external reporting, internal KPI and case study reporting, renewal and upsell pitches and negotiation, contracting, and invoicing / payment collections.
• Coach, mentor, and develop a team of business professionals to best support the business and grow each individual in alignment with their professional career goals. Contributing to and supporting a world class organizational and departmental culture is paramount.
• Work in close collaboration with all VSG internal stakeholders to align on and support organizational priorities and goals via our partnerships.
• Continually assess and advise the department and partners on industry landscape, market demands, innovation, and emerging trends to keep marketing and activation strategies and tactics relevant.
• Ensure partner-based business objectives, asset alignment, analytics, and world class storytelling is incorporated into all partner recap documents and renewal / upsell sales pitches.
• Collaborate and support the team in VSG property extensions, new sales generation, and partner engagement initiatives.
• Achieve and exceed company and department goals and objectives.
• Host and entertain corporate partners and prospects at games and events.
• Develop strong, long-term relationships with both clients and co-workers.
• Support organization CHARGE program with a recommended 40 hours of community service
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from four-year college or university required.
• MBA and/or master’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management preferred, but not required.
• Seven to ten years of experience in marketing, activation, consulting, and client service focused position(s) in sports, entertainment, advertising, brand, and/or consulting agency.
• Diverse market and work experience preferred.
• Prior sales experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead with a history of exhibiting strong moral character and selfless decision making.
• Proven ability to consistently deliver results for client(s) and achieve company goals and objectives.
• Experience ideating and executing on big ideas that demonstrate both creativity and innovation.
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as they work in a team environment, being a consummate team player.
• Strong presentations skills using storytelling, objectives and KPI’s.
• Creative, enthusiastic, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Superior customer service and relationship skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a strategic, solution-oriented leader.
• Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
• Able to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
• Ability to successfully collaborate and influence others in a flexible and dynamic environment
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. CRM experience a plus.
• Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.