Part-Time Hockey Development Ambassador - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa · FL)
Tampa Bay Lightning jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Hockey Development Ambassador’s consist of energetic, motivated individuals with a positive attitude that are excited about the growth of hockey in the Tampa Bay Area. Members of the team help support youth hockey initiatives in the community, with the goal of introducing children to the game of hockey and creating lifelong Tampa Bay Lightning fans.
For more information on our different programs, visit www.LightningMadeHockey.com
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: None
- Approximate number of events worked per year: 1-5 events per week
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set-up and execute street hockey clinics within the Tampa Bay Area and surrounding communities. These clinics will be held at schools, community centers and outdoor ball hockey rinks built by the Lightning.
- Support Tampa Bay Lightning Alumni on and off ice at Learn to Play and Rookie League programs at local rinks in the Tampa area.
- Help execute youth hockey camps, providing on and off ice support.
- Act as a league representative/scorekeeper at Lightning High School Hockey League (LHSHL) and Lightning Heroes League games.
- Assist with executing ball hockey leagues, birthday parties, and other events at the Lightning Made Training Center.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to teach, encourage and control children ranging from 1st to 8th grade.
- Candidates must be high-energy, positive, team players.
- Must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week; opportunity to work up to 20-25 hours a week
- All members of the team are required to lift (25) pounds and perform some manual labor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.