Painter - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Job Title: Painter
Organization: Vinik Sports Group - Facilities
Reports To: Senior Manager Engineering
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and ecommerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. The Painter position is a behind the scenes role that is responsible for the day-to-day painting at each of our facilities. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, climbing, stooping, reaching and ability to lift 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day patching and sanding.
- Handling of thinners and harmful wastes associated with the painting industry.
- Able to assist other trades.
- Able to follow a day-to-day routine assisting other painters.
- Knowledgeable of painting and related equipment.
- Represent Vinik Sports Group professionally at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years’ experience in the painting field.
- Knowledgeable of painting related equipment.
- Possess a good knowledge of drywall hanging, patching, and finishing.
- Ability to decipher problems and remedy same
- Team worker with emphasis on safety in the workplace
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments.
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to generate trust and support.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Healthy and positive attitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and selected holidays.
- Must have the ability to work off ladders and use scissor lifts.
- Excellent attendance and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- State of Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.