Engineer - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Job Title: Part-Time Engineer/Vehicle Maintenance
Organization: Vinik Sports Group - Facilities
Reports To: Senior Manager Engineering
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and ecommerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues, and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. The Engineer position is a behind the scenes role that is responsible for the day-to-day general maintenance at each of our facilities. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, climbing, stooping, reaching and ability to lift 50 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ENGINEERING DUTIES include:
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance
- Represent Vinik Sports Group professionally at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
VEHICLE GENERAL MAINTENANCE and INSPECTION includes:
- Check Oil Level, Tire Pressure, Belts, Filters and Windshield Wipers
- Check all Lights (Interior & Exterior)
- Inspect Accident Kits and Fire Extinguisher
- Check and verify for ‘No-Smoking’ decals
- Road test
- Schedule for service if required
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED required.
- At least (3) years’ experience in the general maintenance field.
- Some knowledge in skilled trades
- Ability to work with job-related tools.
- Ability to decipher problems and remedy same
- Self-starter, prompt, and team worker.
- Team worker with emphasis on safety in the workplace
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments.
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to generate trust and support.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Healthy and positive attitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and selected holidays.
- Must have the ability to work off ladders and use scissor lifts.
- Excellent attendance and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of state and local codes
- State of Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.