Hockey Development Ambassador - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Job Title: Hockey Development Ambassador
Organization: Lightning Foundation, Inc.
Department: Community Hockey
Hockey Development Ambassador’s consist of energetic, motivated individuals with a positive attitude, that are excited about the growth of hockey in the Tampa Bay Area. Members of the team help support youth hockey initiatives in the community, with the goal of introducing children to the game of hockey, mentoring, and developing hockey players, and creating lifelong Tampa Bay Lightning fans.
For more information on Lightning Hockey Development programs, visit www.LightningMadeHockey.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up and execute ball hockey clinics within the Tampa Bay Area and surrounding communities. These clinics will be held at schools, community centers and outdoor ball hockey rinks that have been built by the Lightning Foundation.
- Coach Lightning ice hockey programs along with Alumni and full-time staff at local ice rinks. These programs consist of; Learn to Skate, Learn to Play, Rookie League and other clinics.
- Help execute youth hockey camps, providing on and off ice support. These camps run during the summer and holiday breaks.
- Act as a league representative/scorekeeper at Lightning High School Hockey League (LHSHL) games
- Assist with scorekeeping, coaching, and other off ice support for the Lightning Heroes League.
- Assist with executing major events such as Hockey Fest, Hockey Day, Girls Hockey weekend and other hockey development events.
- Assist with executing ball hockey leagues, birthday parties, and other events at the Lightning Made Training Center.
- Lightning representative/referee at outdoor rink ball hockey leagues and school’s leagues.
- In addition to the programs below, looking for girl’s hockey coach’s both on and off the ice. These coach’s must be motivated to help support the growth of girl’s hockey.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to teach, encourage and control children ranging from 1st to 12th grade.
- Candidates must be high-energy, positive, team players.
- Must be available to work a minimum of two shifts per week.
- All members of the team are required to lift (25) pounds and perform some manual labor.
- Approximate number of events worked: 1-4 events per week
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: None
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.