Electrician - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Amalie Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. It is a behind-the-scenes position that requires handling of all Electrical Systems. The Electrician is responsible for conducting, operating, maintaining, testing, and repairing various mechanical and electrical systems, machinery, and tools. This position is also responsible for set up and dismantling various show-related equipment. This position requires physical activity including standing, walking, climbing and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all VSG team members will be subject to a health assessment and temperature check prior to entering the arena for their shift. All employees are required to wear a mask or facial covering at all times, except when eating or drinking. Adhering to all VSG health and safety guidelines will be a top priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for, hook up, maintain, and disconnect show power as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program in the areas of electrical systems, controls, and devices.
- Trouble shoot and repair a variety of electrical systems, controls, and devices.
- Assist, as required, other skilled trades in a variety of maintenance repairs.
- Set up and dismantle various show related equipment as required.
- Represent Vinik Sports Group professionally at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4-year degree in engineering, science, math, or related field suggested.
- Must have journeyman electrician license.
- Five (5) years electrician experience
- Thorough knowledge of National Electric Code
- Strong mechanical understanding of equipment
- Ability to decipher problems and remedy same
- Team worker with emphasis on safety in the workplace
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints, schematics and working equipment documents.
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments.
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- Ability to generate trust and support.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Healthy and positive attitude
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and selected holidays.
- Must have the ability to work off ladders and use scissor lifts.
- Excellent attendance and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- State of Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.