Part-Time Vehicle/Grounds Maintenance Engineer - Amalie Arena (Tampa · FL)
Amalie Arena jobs
Sports Jobs in Tampa · FL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and e-commerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live, and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
These positions value guests and are committed to providing a positive impression while delivering World Class Service. These position play a vital role in creating a clean, safe, and enjoyable experience for our guests and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
VEHICLE GENERAL MAINTENANCE and INSPECTION includes:
- Check Oil Level, Tire Pressure, Belts, Filters, and Windshield Wipers
- Check all Lights (Interior & Exterior)
- Inspect Accident Kits and Fire Extinguisher
- Check and verify for ‘No-Smoking’ decals
- Road test
- Schedule for service if required
- Other duties as assigned
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE includes:
- Knowledge of basic lawn maintenance which includes, but not limited to, cutting down tree limbs, removing weeds and other growth where needed
- Test and repair landscape sprinklers
- Ability to use a chain saw, pressure washer, and other landscaping tools
- Install and repair sidewalk and patio pavers
- Other duties as assisgned
- Must be 18 years or older with a high school diploma or GED required
- Must successfully complete pre-employment background check screening
- State of Florida driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Flexible work schedule, willing to work irregular hours and shifts including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays
- Team player with complete knowledge of safety in the workplace
- Ability to work with job-related tools
- Effective written and oral communication
- Excellent attendance, time management, and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of state and local codes
- Ability to use a boom lift and able to work at high elevations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.