Ice Crew with Amalie Arena in Tampa · FL
VINIK SPORTS GROUP OVERVIEW
Home to an NHL franchise, a collegiate athletics property, event venues of 9,000 and 20,000 seats respectively, a digital media company, retail and ecommerce platforms, Vinik Sports Group (VSG) creates world-class experiences that grow brands, drive revenues and impact the community.
Drawing on the expertise showcased during the transformation of the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena under Jeff Vinik, VSG serves clients through its three core divisions - VSF Commercial Sales, VSG Live and VSG Facilities. VSG features a leadership team with decades of experience in the sports and entertainment industries; leaders who focus on each client’s unique needs before developing strategies and delivering successful solutions in the multimedia sales, event management, facility operations, and guest services verticals. VSG maintains a preference for long-term win-win partnerships, but it remains nimble enough to manage individual events and short-term opportunities for its customers.
This position values guests and is committed to providing a positive impression with World Class Service. The Ice Operations Staff is a division of the Conversion Department and is responsible for maintaining the ice, as well as the hockey rink and equipment during all hockey games and Ice Events.
- Game/Event Night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per year: 100
- Responsible to clean all glass around the ice rink
- Assure all benches, including players, visiting team and penalty benches are clean and in free of debris
- Responsible to set up game area including laying mats for officials, setting out equipment such as cans for snow, shovels, squeegees and scrappers
- Set seating area for the ice crew, chairs; road cases
- Assure Glass Cut Station is set properly and all supplies and tools are present
- Responsible to prepare ice for pregame skate by setting practice nets/swap with game nets after pre-game skate
- Remove snow from ice during TV timeouts in a quick and efficient manner
- Responsible to remove nets during intermission for the resurfacer, patch holes, squeegee goalie area and replace nets in a quick and efficient manner
- Responsible to remove nets and clean- up of benches postgame
- Break down seating area and Glass Cut Station, return tools and supplies postgame
- Compliance with company policy of background screening
- Must have exceptional skating abilities
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Effective communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to multi-task and take direction well
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in large crowds for an extended period of time
- Ability to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.