Game Operations Internship
The Macon Mayhem are seeking Game Operations Interns for the entire 2023-2024 season. This opportunity is a fun way to be involved with the Mayhem hockey team during home games and community events, while developing an understanding for the operations of sports teams at a professional level.
Candidate must be local and able to attend Macon Mayhem games within the 2023-2024 Season.
What You Will Learn/Do:
- Assist in the planning/execution of game night plans including contests/promotions on the ice, the concourse, or in the stands.
- Assist in the distribution of giveaways and promotional items.
- Manage fan data collection programs.
- Run payments and assist with post-game jersey auctions.
- Work on concourse with staff at customer service stations to learn how to facilitate in-game issues as they arise.
- Support the guest services booth during the weekday and weekend games.
- Coordinating pregame ceremonies.
- Planning/executing theme night event.
- Communicating with groups and vendors regarding game days.
- Various duties as assigned by the Director of Game Operations.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An interest in Sports Administration, Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or other related fields.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to learn.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods of time and lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Ability to engage and have fun with fans in attendance at games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.