Note: this job is closed to new applications.
Under general direction of the Director of IT, the Systems Support Specialist will be responsible for providing routine support to end users on a variety of issues; identifying, researching and resolving technical problems. The incumbent will respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support and document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, user and event support. Day to day responsibilities and being part of the SSE IT organization are accountable to provide plus-one service in the area of level 1 helpdesk support.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Receives, evaluates and prioritizes incoming requests from end-users experiencing IT problems
• Provides helpdesk support and resolves problems to the end user’s satisfaction
• Monitors and responds quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
• Monitors Spiceworks for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
• Modifies configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
• Utilizes and maintains the helpdesk tracking software
• Documents internal procedures
• Assists with on boarding of new users
• Ensures each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive and any additional specialized equipment
• Installs, tests and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
• Maintains inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
• Manages PC and MAC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
• Performs timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
Competencies and Qualifications
• Associates degree or higher in a related technical area or a combination of education and experience. 1-2 years of hands-on overall IT experience required
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Customer focused and goal oriented. Experience in customer service required.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a small team environment to enable business and team success
How did you hear about this job?
YES/NO - Do you live within commuting distance to San Jose, CA?
YES/NO - Do you have at least 2 years of hands-on overall IT experience?
Briefly describe a specific situation where a customer or manager asked you to do something but didn’t provide a clear process or enough information. How did you resolve the situation?
YES/NO - Do you have an Associate's degree or higher in a related technical field
Briefly describe a specific situation where you feel you feel you went ‘above and beyond’ what was required in order to resolve a situation for a customer.
Why are you looking to leave your current position or why did you leave your last position?
What characteristics do you feel will make someone successful in this job?