The Barracuda Street Team, under the direction of the Fan Development Manager, is a part-time position responsible for the execution of hockey-specific events and programs, as well as providing staffing assistance for Barracuda game nights and other marketing initiatives.
Major Areas & Representative Duties
• Lead and instruct Barracuda street hockey clinics at local schools, after school programs, and community centers.
• Provide marketing presence at Barracuda community outreach appearances at festivals, fairs and other events as needed.
• Provide staffing assistance on Barracuda home game nights by staffing concourse tables within the Frenzy Fun Zone, fulfilling fan experiences, assisting with youth hockey intermissions, etc. as needed.
• Reside in the Bay Area – we are unable to pay for relocation or immigration expenses.
• Must be available to work 20+ hours per week including days, evenings, weekends, and events as needed depending on event schedule.
• Clean DMV record and ability to pass a standard background examination.
• Establish and maintain rapport within and outside of the organization.
• Ability to provide hockey instruction (street hockey), including stick handling and movement in the field of play.
• Must have an upbeat outgoing attitude and outlook on work.
• Previous experience working with or a desire to work with children a plus.
• Team player in every sense of the word
• Comfortable in handling and managing money
• Ability to learn new skills quickly
• Ability to process information in an organized and efficient manner
• Outgoing, enthusiastic personality; enjoys working as a part of a team
• Being able to think and react quickly in any situation
• Willingness to help others
• Currently enrolled in college, or a college graduate.
• Previous experience coaching street hockey and/or working with children recommended.