This position reports to the Vice President - Ticket Sales & Service.
The Inside Sales Manager supervises the Inside Sales department to ensure maximum efficiency, profitability, and achievement of set revenue goals. The candidate must be able recruit, hire, train, and mentor the Inside Sales team on proper sales techniques and strategizes to maximize the selling of season tickets, partial plans, groups, and suite rentals. This is a full time exempt position.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service in creating an environment that will ensure Inside Sales Consultants have every opportunity to maximize revenue and achieve all set goals.
- Cultivate and maintain a sales culture that maximizes generating revenue, professionalism, and an enjoyable working environment.
- Develop and execute an interview process to recruit the best candidates for the Inside Sales Consultant position.
- Interview and hire Inside Sales Consultants throughout the calendar year to hire recruited candidates without oversight.
- Travel and attend recruiting events and workshops to acquire the top sales talent for the Inside Sales Consultants.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, procedures, and processes for all Inside Sales Consultants.
- Author, teach, and maintain sales manuals and training materials that include best practices and other applicable guidelines for accountability purposes.
- Create and lead weekly training activities for Inside Sales Consultants.
- Lead or assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of all ticket sales campaigns, special projects, events and programs.
- Support the Inside Sales Consultants during outside appointments, meetings, conference calls, and games.
- Work with the Business Intelligence department to monitor CRM usage and delegate leads.
- Strategize with Business Intelligence to identify and research new season ticket, partial plan and group leads.
- Establish and communicate clear sales revenue goals to the Inside Sales Consultants. Analyze Inside Sales Team performance and subsequently provide team with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Create a schedule to meet with each Inside Sales Consultants on a bi-weekly basis to provide feedback, coaching, and mentoring.
- Use independent discretion to analyze performance, create performance improvement plans, and/or discipline Inside Sales Consultants.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales department meetings.
- Create weekly ticket and revenue reports as well as hustle stats for the leadership team.
- Create innovative sales contests and incentives for Inside Sales consultants as a part of the overall leadership of the sales team.
- Work directly with Ticket Operations for reporting purposes of sales.
- Monitor and review submission of sales documents by direct reports to Ticket Operations and ensure established procedures are followed.
- Schedule Inside Sales Consultants (approximately 10-13 people) to ensure maximum productivity during both day and evening shifts.
- Work with the payroll department to finalize time cards and manage overtime hours, and ensure compliance with all Company policies regarding meal and rest breaks, etc.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Two-three years of successful sales experience in selling a variety of ticket packages at a
team or entertainment environment required.
- One –two years of supervisory experience preferred; including proven hiring, training,
coaching, and leadership skills.
- Experience in managing revenue and expense budgets preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related
computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- It is imperative that you have the ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgement and decision-making skills, as well as ability to manage your own time and implement your own schedule.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.