TITLE: Guest Service Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Non-Exempt
COMPANY: Sharks Sports & Entertainment
LOCATION: SAP Center
REPORTS TO: Ushering & Medical Manager
The Guest Service Coordinator, acting under the general direction of the Ushering and Emergency Medical Manager performs essential support duties for the Guest Services Department. The Guest Services Coordinator represents the Guest Services Department with guests and inter-departmentally within SAP Center. The Guest Service Coordinator is to put the SAP Center at San Jose in the best possible position to deliver memorable moments for its guests.
This is an event-based position. Weekly hours are not guaranteed and are based on an event needs basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and distribute Fact Sheets and event concessions maps to appropriate managers and event staff.
- Create and update Ushering Supervisor Event Notes
- Attend Operation Managers Meetings when scheduled
- Attend the Event Security Meeting with the promoter and tour security representative.
- Prior to an event, ensure the arena is adequately set for the event by walking all levels of the arena prior to doors opening for the event. Ensure all necessary signage and credentials are in place, potential safety hazards are identified and resolved and coordinate with other building departments to honor requests that are made for other supplies (ex: sign holders for promotion tables on the Concourse).
- Supply and prepare the information desks prior to each event.
- During the event, assist Guest Services team members with resolving guest issues and support Ushering Supervisors in ensuring their area of supervision is operating efficiently.
- Coordinate Wheel Chair Accessible accommodations for guests.
- Coordinate special accommodations for guests designated by the Guest Service Department.
- Assist as necessary during events, such as scanning tickets, distributing Will Call tickets, escorting guests, etc.
- Assist as necessary with the coordination of VIP Parties hosted by the promoter during events.
- Assist as necessary with the coordination and support of guest relocations during events.
- Develop the cost estimate for the Guest Service Department's expenses for each event.
- During and Post-Event, respond to and resolve guest inquiries and/or complaints in conjunction with the Ushering and Emergency Medical Manager.
- Evaluate with the Ticketing Department the availability of Ceeps for each event and distribute those available to the Event Office for distribution.
- Coordinate the usage of the ISS 24/7 product suite including the texting system and incident management system. Distribute post-event summary report to appropriate event managers.
- Make and document event-based observations of the Guest Services Departments to the Director of Guest Service.
- Post-event distributes to appropriate managers the Guest Observation and Ticket Drop reports.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the Ushering & Emergency Medical Manager and Director of Guest Service
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments at the same time with great attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to navigate the arena quickly in order to provide top-tier service to guests and back-of-house personnel alike.
- Demonstrated problem solving and adaptability skills.
- Strong communication skills to both interpret and give direction as needed – both written and verbal.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb stairs, and use hands to handle or feel for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Working towards or have already obtained a bachelor’s degree in business, management, sports, and/or hospitality.
- Previous experience working in a sports and/or live event venue.
- Previous customer service and leadership experience.
- Ability to read and interpret production information and diagrams.
- Fluency in Spanish – reading, writing, and speaking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.