TITLE: Event Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Part Time, Non-Exempt
COMPANY: SAP Center
LOCATION: San Jose, California
REPORTS TO: Director of Booking & Events
POSTING DATED: August 1, 2019
The Event coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Booking & Events, executes the coordination of various events such as conventions, concerts, and meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the set-up and removal of items needed for shows to include dressing room furniture, pipe and drape, towels, etc.
- Conduct physical inspections of various areas of the facility to ensure proper set-up as well as safety for patrons.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments at the same time with great attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to navigate the arena quickly in order to provide top-tier service to guests and back-of-house personnel alike.
- Demonstrated problem solving and adaptability skills.
- Strong communication skills to both interpret and give direction as needed – both written and verbal.
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb stairs, and use hands to handle or feel for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance.
- Must have the availability to work two-thirds (2/3) of shifts, which includes both set-up and load-out shifts.
- This job will require availability to work shifts outside of SSE’s typical business hours. With advance notice, you may be scheduled to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Working towards or have already obtained a bachelor’s degree in business, management, sports, and/or hospitality.
- Previous experience working in a sports and/or live event venue.
- Previous customer service and leadership experience.
- Ability to read and interpret production information and diagrams.
- Fluency in Spanish – reading, writing, and speaking.
- Participate in other duties not listed as assigned.
- No relocation assistance provided
- Part - Time non-exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.