*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
TITLE: 24-Hour Security Supervisor
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Non-Exempt
COMPANY: Sharks Sports & Entertainment
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Services
Born in 1991 by emerging through a shark’s mouth, Team Teal has grown into a multi-faceted organization that includes the SAP Center, the NHL San Jose Sharks, the AHL San Jose Barracuda, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit Sharks Foundation. Additionally, we plan on growing our organization through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in Northern California.
We work and play in Silicon Valley, and are deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports and entertainment.
We live, work, and innovate by a set of Pioneering Principles:
T – Team success is more important than individual success
E – Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in everything we do
A – Appreciate others for their diversity and opinions
M – More risk leads to more rewards and expands our comfort zones
T – Trust that all teammates have the best intentions
E – Empower all teammates to make informed decisions
A – Always say what you really mean and do what you say
L – Lead by showing the respect to others you expect from them
We strive to unite people through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our hometown. We are Teal Together; we are Team Teal.
The 24-Hour Security Supervisor is responsible for the physical security of the Arena, scheduling the 24-hour security staff, training, enforcement of policies and procedures, and making rounds to guard against unauthorized entry and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise admission to the Arena in general and especially during events by overseeing 24-hour security staff and performing magnetometer and bags checks, checking ID cards and credentials of employees and others, interfacing with employees, the public and all vendors in the Arena.
- Hire, train, schedule, assign, and coach and counsel 24 Hour Security staff
- Process payroll and maintain current schedules within the ABI system
- Ensure adequate staff coverage for all incoming calls and persons
- Develop and implement procedures, policies, and systems for all security/safety related incidents/contingencies and train staff on their responsibilities while carrying them out
- Work with management to determine the need for and implement programs to attain a sufficient number of staff with CPR and Basic First Aid training/certification
- Enforce building policies including safety, building access, loss prevention and other relevant tasks.
Security of Facility
- Monitors CCTV and alarm computers as well as issue Arena ID cards.
- On-going operation of alarm systems including maintenance and trouble-shooting and electronic access control
- Liaison with other departments in regard to safety policies
- Set-up and monitor radio equipment for Security Department
- Implement facility emergency preparedness plans
- Maintain 24-hour, 7-day availability of knowledgeable security assistance
- Maintain files, records, and logs consistent with the needs of Security and other departments for historical information
- Audit log entries and other written reports/memos as needed, as well as developing and implementing department strategies, procedures, and systems.
- Establish and maintain computerized records including incident reports, employee roster, and lost and found
- Prepare and submit timely reports including payroll and other data relative to department operations
- Maintain and administrate all 24-Hour Security software including Camera monitoring client, ISS, and Aware manager activity log
- Establish and enforce strict procedures consistent with security and safety guidelines
- Perform other tasks and projects as required
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and supervisory experience in 24-hour environment which includes scheduling and coaching and counseling others.
- Personal mobility and endurance necessary for physical security tasks involving crowds within a large space.
- Computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel including ability to learn new computer systems.
- Administrative and computer knowledge at a sufficient level to meet department needs including administration of Building Safety Systems including: S2 Building Access, Wisenet Camera System, Aware Manager
- Availability to work a variety of shifts and availability to work any of 365 days each year including weekends and holidays.
- This job will require you to work shifts outside of SSE’s typical business hours. This position will be scheduled to work some evenings, weekends, and events as business needs require.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- A robust package of health/ dental/vision benefits.
- Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications – in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.