TITLE: Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Exempt
COMPANY: Sharks Sports and Entertainment, LLC
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
REPORTS TO: SVP, Sales & Service
POSTING DATED: August 22, 2022
Born in 1991 by emerging through a shark’s mouth, Team Teal has grown into a multi-faceted organization that includes the SAP Center, the NHL San Jose Sharks, the AHL San Jose Barracuda, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit Sharks Foundation. Additionally, we plan on growing our organization through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in Northern California.
We work and play in Silicon Valley, and are deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports and entertainment.
We live, work, and innovate by a set of Pioneering Principles:
T – Team success is more important than individual success
E – Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in everything we do
A – Appreciate others for their diversity and opinions
M – More risk leads to more rewards and expands our comfort zones
T – Trust that all teammates have the best intentions
E – Empower all teammates to make informed decisions
A – Always say what you really mean and do what you say
L – Lead by showing the respect to others you expect from them
We strive to unite people through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our hometown. We are Teal Together; we are Team Teal.
The Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service is a critical part of our vision to pioneer the future of sports and entertainment. Ticket Sales & Service is central to the success of our business, and we are seeking a leader who thinks differently to re-ignite growth in this important area.
That means innovating the way we sell and service memberships and other ticketing products. The Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service will have a strong background in sales but also an understanding, appreciation, and plan for developing new and impactful experiences for our ticket members and customers. They will have a vision of how we evolve with the changing ticketing landscape and how we meet the needs of long-time customers and new audiences.
Specifically, as a part of the Revenue+Brand group, the Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service will be the lead for all ticket revenue efforts for the San Jose Sharks, including Sharks365 memberships, partial plans, group sales, individual game ticket sales. The Vice President will directly manage the Ticket Sales & Service leadership group, creating strategy and developing talent to reach revenue targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate department staff, with a focus on talent development.
- Develop a best-in-class culture rooted in our Pioneering Principles.
- Directly supervisor leaders responsible for Sharks365 Membership retention, New Business Development, Group Sales, Inside Sales and Ticket Operations.
- Develop and share the multi-year strategic vision for Ticket Sales & Service.
- Serve as NHL contact regarding league/team business issues.
- Develop and adhere to departmental budget with clear steps to implement, monitor and appropriately measure plan deliverables.
- Achieve departmental revenue targets across the entire ticket sales product line.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the team to reach their revenue targets.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting as requested.
- Lead development and implementation of comprehensive pricing philosophy and strategy for all ticket products.
- Continually evolve the ticketholder experience, prioritizing innovation, creativity, and a frictionless experience.
- Regularly overdeliver for our fans, providing exceptional experiences for all guests.
- Be a visible presence for our Sharks365 universe, engaging fans at games and events and being available for members as needed.
- Manage priority external relationships with ticketing platform, secondary market partners and technology vendors.
- Member of Revenue+Brand leadership group, aligning multiple functions across sales and marketing.
- Assist in critical campaigns like Sharks365, Shark Packs and others as needed.
- Ensure CRM platform is being used effectively to track customer interactions, sales pipelines and reporting needs.
- Work in partnership with other key internal stakeholders to solicit feedback and ensure collaboration on projects and campaigns.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience, preferably with 5 years of leadership experience in the sport or live event industry.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with track record of people development and revenue achievement.
- Exemplify and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices.
- Ability to build successful relationships within the organization and externally with customers and community
- Experience developing and managing a budget.
- Advanced level of understanding of Ticketmaster’s Archtics preferred.
- High proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Understanding and experience using CRM platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to problem solve in real time.
- Strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable industry experience required.
- It is imperative that you can work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills, as well as ability to manage your own time and implement your own schedule.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A robust package of healthcare benefits; 401(k) retirement.
- Central office location in downtown San Jose at the heart of Silicon Valley; convenient access to Caltrain, VTA, major freeways and free parking.
- The opportunity to work with a variety of passionate individuals, committed to innovating exceptional sports and entertainment opportunities in our hometown.
- An inclusive culture which values diversity of background and a passion to improve our SSE’s commitment to change with impact on our community and industry.
- Potential for flexible scheduling and telework opportunities.
This position is not eligible for U.S. work authorization sponsorship.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Here at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond any list of required skills and qualifications – in fact, we believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion, are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process. Sharks Sports and Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veterans’ status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies
SSE recruits candidates directly, rather than through third-party recruiters or agencies. Under no circumstances will SSE pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented without a signed recruiting agreement in place between SSE and the recruiter or agency prior to the submittal; any submittal must be for requisition specifically and individually assigned in writing by SSE’s HR department. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to SSE by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement AND written assignment by SSE Human Resources, SSE explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) with no financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.