In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
The Seattle Kraken aspire to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t played ice hockey before or are still learning about the sport—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: [email protected].
Guest Services Representatives will act as Party Hosts and are responsible for interacting with guests within their designated party, interacting with guests arriving at Kraken Community Iceplex for parties, party set up, party clean up and ensuring guest satisfaction throughout the entirety of the party. The position will also act as a Skate Monitor and will be responsible for supporting guest admission, skate sharpening, and on-ice skate monitoring to establish a premium customer-first experience at the Kraken Community Iceplex.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Birthday Parties: Serve as the assigned main point of contact and support for parents in room setup, servicing and support, and resetting during weekend birthday party cycles
- Acknowledge each and every guest with a smile and a greeting, at times required to follow a script.
- Greet birthday guests at front desk and assist as needed before party begins
- Assure party runs smoothly in time allotted and interact positively and enthusiastically with children, all the while, maintaining control of the party
- Support guest admissions process
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Monitor the activities of patrons in the arena, locker rooms, and lobby
- Ticket taking or credential checking as required for specific activities and events
- Advise patrons of rules and regulations during skating activities at the rink
- Monitor the condition of the ice rink and ensures that the facility and equipment is safe and usable
- Complete required reports, including safety, incidents, etc.
- Assist with facility preparation and clean up
- Perform basic custodial duties, which includes contact with household chemicals
- May distribute recreation equipment
- Performs first aid as needed
- Assists with implementing skating events including acting as referee specialized skating activities
- Concessions service and management
- Maintain rental skate area and rental skates
- Sharpen rental skates and maintain logs
- Work with Event Manager in event set-up as required
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Ice Skating proficiency
- Guest management experience
- Strong verbal communication skills to support customer experience and engagement
- Organized and detail-oriented, resourceful, quick learner, and able to handle multiple projects
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must like interacting with children, be enthusiastic, reliable
- Party Hosts must be available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during scheduled party hours
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with youth sports at the recreational and elite level
- Understanding of hockey and figure skating
- Understanding of event and on-ice programming
- Current Food Handler’s Permit
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Position is performed throughout a recreational facility. Work will be done on and around the ice. Position involves sitting, standing, walking, stooping, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling, and ice skating.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
- Part-time hourly role.
Total Rewards Package:
- In accordance with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the starting pay rate for this position is $18.69/hour. Actual pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law
- Overtime eligibility
- Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid Orca card
- Corporate office located at the Kraken Community Iceplex in Northgate; within walking distance of the Northgate Light Rail Station and Northgate Transit Center; free parking
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.