In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Climate Pledge Arena, a $1.15 Billion redevelopment of the facility formerly known as KeyArena and built originally for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair, will be transformed into a world class, state-of-the-art City jewel and destination. Located at Seattle Center in the heart of Seattle’s Uptown Neighborhood, the new venue offers a truly unique and intimate experience for the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken, WNBA’s Seattle Storm, concerts and other entertainment events, while preserving the historic nature of Seattle Center and its surroundings. This project is a completely new arena beneath its existing historic-landmark roof. Climate Pledge Arena opened October 22, 2021.
The HVAC Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the HVAC, boilers and compressed air systems at Climate Pledge Arena.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain heating/cooling systems and other utilities at Climate Pledge Arena; including chillers, boilers, pumps, valves, air handling units, and cooling towers is essential, heating and cooling equipment, BMS.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of various HVAC equipment including Air Handlers, VAV boxes, Fan coils, Heat Pumps and Split Systems
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required building inspections, and institute required corrections and/or Preventative Maintenance systems and schedules as needed.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services.
- Manage work request and preventative maintenance requirements through an on-line work order system including, respond and verify completion of all service calls.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of controls, operation, design, repair, preventative maintenance of HVAC systems with respect to; VAV systems, chilled water systems, condenser water systems, heat recovery and air-balancing.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and control circuits.
- Able to work both independently with minimum supervision.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years HVAC experience
- Universal EPA Refrigerant
- City of Seattle Refrigeration Operators license
- Minimum Grade 4 City of Seattle Boiler License (preferred)
- Washington State 06A Electrical License (preferred)
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, ability to lift 50 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building
- In accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the expected base pay range for this position is $35.00 - $45.00/hr. Actual base pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- This role is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
- We believe it takes a great team to build an award-winning organization. As an impactful member of the team, this role is bonus eligible
Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, including premiums for eligible dependents enrolled in the plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (pre-tax and Roth) with Company match up to 4%
- Kraken ticket stipend and employee only pre-sale opportunities to non-Kraken events
- Annual wellness stipend for mental & physical health
- 10 vacation days, 3 personal holidays, and accrued sick time
- Minimum 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid Orca, local transit card
- Corporate office located at Climate Pledge Arena; complimentary garage parking offered
- Employee meal perks
- Company-paid employee assistance program and Headspace subscription
- Company-wide recognition platform
- Flexible spending accounts and voluntary accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance available
- Discounts at the Kraken Team Stores, Kraken Community Iceplex, 32 Bar & Grill, and other partners
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: [email protected].
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.