In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
Climate Pledge Arena, a $1.15 Billion redevelopment of the facility formerly known as KeyArena and built originally for the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair, will be transformed into a world class, state-of-the-art City jewel and destination. Located at Seattle Center in the heart of Seattle’s Uptown Neighborhood, the new venue offers a truly unique and intimate experience for the newest NHL franchise, the Seattle Kraken, WNBA’s Seattle Storm, concerts and other entertainment events, while preserving the historic nature of Seattle Center and its surroundings. This project is a completely new arena beneath its existing historic-landmark roof. Climate Pledge Arena opened October 22, 2021.
The Building Maintenance Tech (BMT) is responsible for the overall maintenance, repair, and improvement of Climate Pledge Arena, and other locations as needed. In coordination with the Director of Engineering and under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, this position includes the areas of plumbing, carpentry, tile, patching, dry wall, painting, furniture assembly, door locks, managing keys and locks. Additionally, this job also includes the functions of vendor and subcontractor coordination, subcontractor bid solicitation, and subcontractor monitoring of the scope and quality of the work. The BMT job description entails fielding, prioritizing, and carrying out service support requests by in-person inspections and from an online work order system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure building systems are in proper working condition, ADA entry and garage doors, roll up doors, loading dock levelers, lifts, and entrance/exit gates to ensure safety and general functionality.
- Refresh spaces with patch and paint for new staff prior to their start date.
- Repair and install drywall, painting and glazing.
- Assist in major repairs and upgrades and participating in large-scale maintenance duties as part of the operations team.
- Documenting procedures, processes, and best practices in on-plan sets and end-user manuals or modifying what has previously been documented.
- Performing preventative maintenance and scheduled predictive maintenance checks following manufacturers’ recommendation and/or as assigned.
- Provide on-site support during special events as well as during off hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Install and repair restroom partitions, carpet, tiles, doors & frames and concrete repair.
- Carry out periodic inspection, cleaning, and equipment servicing
- Log into the work order management system to find, accept, and complete the work requests
- Carry out installation of new equipment; perform repairs on leaks.
- Collaborate with other workers, company’s officials, and staff to effectively provide solutions to maintenance problems
- Attend quickly to emergency call on equipment repair issues, as well as to after work hour calls
- Work in conjunction with the Chief Engineer & Director of Engineering to help implement an effective P.M. program for all equipment and systems.
- Support the successful completion of 50 NHL games, 20 WNBA games, 80 major music/entertainment events, and 25 miscellaneous events each year.
- Assist in required daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual required building inspections, and institute required corrections and/or Preventative Maintenance systems and schedules as needed.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as required to carry out the various responsibilities of such 3rd party services.
- Manage work request and preventative maintenance requirements through an on-line work order system including, responding to all service calls, and verifying completion.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Coordinate the operations activities with other building departments and show-related contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned and as needed to assist in the management of responsibilities associated with the facility.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively interact with customers, field staff, co-workers and vendors.
- Flexible and able to work with constantly adjusting schedule, priorities, and responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, and to follow manuals on operation and installation to successful complete tasks
- Strong ability to apply various types of equipment safely and efficiently, and to maintain and service them
- Strong ability to prioritize assigned tasks for increased job delivery
- Exceptional ability to properly investigate problems with food equipment, discover the issue, and correct it
- Ability to work in a team setting with other workers, and also with staff and members of the public
- Strong ability to quickly understand and carry out both written and oral instructions effectively
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2-year Technical accreditation preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in property and/or facilities maintenance.
- 1-2 years of Construction experience.
- Experience with a commercial building preferred
- Experience with large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (18,000 seats) is highly desirable.
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Hiring:
Climate Pledge Arena aspires to write a new playbook in sports and entertainment that includes everyone. In alignment with this vision, if you don’t meet every job requirement listed—or if you haven’t worked in the industry or are still learning about the industry—we still encourage you to apply. We understand you may bring other relevant experiences and expertise to help us become the highest performance organization we can be. One of our core values is ‘Make Us Better’ and we recognize diversity, equity and inclusion as a critical business strategy.
If you’d like to request an accommodation in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing: [email protected].
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.