Summary & Primary Functions:
The Manager, Pens Authentics will successfully support all activities related to developing, implementing and sustaining the Pens Authentics product line. These duties will require working with various internal teams to develop successful processes for product identification and fulfillment to maximize efficiency and revenue. This role will assist with the planning and execution of essential tasks such as tagging and monitoring product inventory, reporting Pens Authentics sales figures that correlate to retail operations and updating product databases to maintain a first-class consumer experience. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude and be highly motivated to multitask. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other teams within the Penguins front office to effectively develop and create collectibles and memorabilia from concept to market.
- Assist the designated authentication team on a day-to-day basis with operations around Pens Authentics.
- Develop a system to mark all applicable items with proper identification stickers prior to importing the data into databases for bookkeeping purposes.
- Work with Penguins internal teams and third-party vendors to develop and maintain an e-commerce platform for Pens Authentics.
- Work with retail outlets to develop programs to maximize retail presence of Pens Authentics licensed products, with focus on PPG Paints Arena, UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, Penguins Team Store and potential local and national retailers.
- Assist with the develop of annual budgets and forecasts for authenticated game used sales, including both retail and auction.
- Evaluate approaches and strategies to improve e-commerce sales conversions and customer engagement.
- Identify new product opportunities to increase the Pens Authentics product line.
- Manage product and order fulfillment operations of Pens Authentics.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum three years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail, marketing, digital and/or operations experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, and advanced business knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Self-motivated to work independently, yet energetic in team situations.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to adapt to a variety of situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.