Reports to: Manager, Partnership Operations
Based at: PPG Paints Arena, 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Job Purpose: Assist in the service of all current and potential corporate partners. Applicant must be available to work game nights and weekends.
Requirements: Intern must be entering their junior or senior year in college and must take the internship for credit during the Summer 2023 semester. The internship is unpaid.
Intern Learning Objectives:
- Learn corporate partnership sales and marketing strategies used by an NHL team to generate revenue for the organization.
- Create a working understanding of partnership sales and partnership marketing tactics, processes, and procedures that drive value for a partner.
- Develop and enhance professional communication, presentation, networking, and work-environment skills.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support entire partnerships teams in all areas of the corporate sales and activation process.
- Identify industry trends and brands that are actively investing in sports partnerships
- Generate new leads for the Partnership Sales team through prospect, market and category research.
- Write and develop company overview reports and executive backgrounds for meetings.
- Assist in creating partnerships proposals using PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc. with direction from partnerships teams.
- Create and maintain various tracking systems for all Partnership Contracts and assets (i.e. radio, video board, digital signage, print ads, tickets, suite nights, autographed merchandise).
- Assist Partnership Marketing team in developing and executing fully integrated marketing campaigns for partners.
- Recap activations with supporting proof of performance images and metrics.
- Support partner activation implementation in-arena during games, including setup and takedown.
- Attend select department meetings, brainstorming sessions, and partner calls/meetings.
- Assist with various non-hockey events off-site and at PPG Paints Arena.
- Take lead in special projects as needed.
- Update and maintain Contract Summary Books.
- Assist in the fulfillment of all autographed merchandise requests for the organization.
- Perform various office tasks (i.e. faxing, preparing overnight mailings, copying, binding reports, proofreading).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.