New York Islanders Hockey Club & UBS Arena
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan:
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are currently hiring our Vice President, Premium Service. In this role, you will be directly responsible for the creation and execution of exceptional relationship management of our premium clients and suite holders. This will include managing, fulfilling and extending contract terms, food and beverage orders, suites buyback program and renewals. You will use your experience as a premium sales and service leader to build and develop a team of client focused, results driven account managers. You must lead by example, possess the ability to establish solid business relationships and maximize revenue growth opportunities and client retention.
Show Us You Can:
- Lead a team of highly experienced premium account managers to service premium clients and suite holders that align around creating experiences to foster long term relationships
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction within UBS Arena member base
- Create and execute a strategic plan that includes hiring and developing talent, creating and service metrics and touchpoints, achieving key financial metrics, and ensuring the overall health of the premium business
- Partner with senior leadership across all corporate functions for success
- Forecast top line sales and service results while also managing risk to exceed revenue targets
- Proactively communicate with and anticipate the needs of the team and customers by being an expert on the products and services
- Propose creative ideas to the team that will enhance all aspects of membership activation culture, including developing new benefit programs, special events and ways to exceed client’s expectations
- Establish positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Manage and protect confidential information
Your Training & Talent:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing or similar
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in premium and suite sales
- Proven experience developing and leading a team
- Extremely well-organized with the ability to multi-task effectively and work under extremely tight deadlines. Strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for exception client service and satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects paying high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and foster relationships
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
Who you are:
Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish with a keen attention to detail
Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with partners
Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem-solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Joining the team means:
- Experience & growth in launching a brand-new fan first, top-of-the-line arena in the metropolitan market.
- Joining a culture of set up mentality
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- 401k eligibility
- Paid time off
The Fine Print:
UBS Arena is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.