In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
New York Islanders Hockey Club & UBS Arena
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the team, reposition our brand, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
How to Make the Team
We are hiring a Project Manager, Creative Services. A highly detail-oriented individual, you will have solid experience in working in a creative environment and a full-working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
You will determine necessary project resources and vendors, track and monitor progress and key metrics, and communicate progress reports to stakeholders. Candidates should have extensive management experience and exceptionally strong communication skills.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the Islanders Creative Department. Reporting to the SVP Event Presentation and Content Experiences, this person will engage with members of various departments including Marketing, Partnerships, Community Relations, Social Media, Web Content, Video Production, Game Presentation as well as media and external creative agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of design and production software and will work on a variety of projects that span the entire New York Islanders brand including identity, video, motion graphics, digital, website, social media, email, arena signage, sales collateral, giveaways, and community events etc.
Show Us You Can
- Define scope of projects and establish realistic long and short-term objectives aligned with company goals and client specifications
- Meet with stakeholders to clarify specific project requirements and goals and be the correspondent with stakeholders to ensure timely updates on deliverables
- Determine project budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Determine most effective and efficient use of required resources
- Establish, manage, and adjust detailed project schedule
- Prioritize the projects and gather all necessary inputs to inform the creative team
- Provide consistent updates to key stakeholders regarding project strategy, necessary adjustments, and progress towards goals
- Manage contracts with third-party vendors and suppliers; communicate expectations for deliverables in a timely fashion
- Track continuous costs to meet budget
- Closely monitor and track progress and adjust schedule, requirements, budgets, and goals as necessary
- Measure performance to target areas for improvement; provide actionable feedback
- Continuous record keeping and preparing project reports for Leadership
- Assist with coordination of other internal teams and third-party vendors
- Drive all the project management, creative review process, and stakeholder meetings
- Readily share brand and design guidelines with agencies, employees and external parties to ensure assets and collateral are compliant with brand standards
- Maintain all up-to-date materials on all platforms
Who You Are
Accountable: Manage, prioritizing and oversee all key creative projects
Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization
Your Training & Talent
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Be curious to learn
- Previous experience in project management, creative preferred
- Knowledge of the print process is a plus but not a necessity
- Experience managing creatives and delegating tasks
- Professionalism regarding deadlines
- Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Experience developing and tracking budgets
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills for coordinating with internal teams
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Monday.com or other project management tools
- Appreciates and values great design
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Floral Park, NY office in a hybrid work environment. There may be occasional travel with the possibility of air travel and/or an overnight stay (<5% travel).
What’s in it for You
- Contributing to the business growth for an iconic NHL® franchise and a new, fan-first top of the line sports & entertainment venue
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Complimentary tickets for select NYI home games and access to concerts, shows and performances
- Employee discounts at Isles Lab
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.