New York Islanders Hockey Club & UBS Arena
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the team, reposition our brand, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are looking for a Motion Designer with strong conceptual capabilities who is prepared to take their ideas all the way through to final delivery and digital.
How to Make the Team
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the Islanders Game Presentation Creative Department reporting directly to the Sr. Motion Designer. This person will also engage with the Director of Game Presentation, Director of Video Production, Social Media Managers, Web Content Producer, and other media + external creative agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of motion design and production software to craft solutions with high visual impact that will help to elicit positive responses from our various customer and client segments. This person will work on a variety of projects that span the entire New York Islanders brand including in-game branding, broadcast graphics, digital, website, social media, arena signage, sales collateral and community events, etc.
*Experience in sports marketing, knowledge of hockey, the NHL, and New York Islanders team is highly desired and preferred.
Show Us You Can:
- Create and deliver motion design concepts - graphics and layouts that can leverage history of Islanders’ franchise at times while also offering ideas for creative risk-taking
- Develop creative that supports sales and builds equity in the NYI brand while creating an energized and fun environment in the arena.
- Take tasks from design brief all the way through to implementation on multiple platforms
What Skills You’ll Use
Accountable: Be the owner, leader, and subject matter expert of all things retail
Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Innovative: Drive fan engagement, brand awareness, relevance, and sales by keeping up with social media and retail market trends
Passionate: Lead your staff to successfully deliver a best-in-class experience while helping them grow professionally
Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with potential partners
Your Training & Talent:
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Be curious to learn and build upon already existing skill set
- Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies (e.g, Adobe Creative Cloud – After Effects, Premiere Pro, C4D, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Proven motion design experience with a strong portfolio
- Illustration skillset (with knowledge of hand-illustration software)
- Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to peers while explaining design decisions
- Fluent in design, fashion, editorial, film and tech — as well as visual history and classical references
- Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
- A champion of great design
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (e.g., nights and weekends around hockey games)
- Awareness of and interest in latest digital and social media trends shaping professional sports (e.g., the cross-section of sports // pop culture // music // fashion // art // entertainment)
Where You’ll Go
- Based in Elmont, NY at UBS Arena.
- Work all Islanders home games and events
What’s in it for You
- Leadership in an iconic NHL® franchise in our quest for a 5th Stanley Cup
- Experience and growth in the sports industry
- Successfully launch UBS Arena at Belmont Park
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Employer matched 401K
- Paid time off
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.