New York Islanders Hockey Club
Job Title: Intern, Marketing
Position: Paid Internship (Seasonal)
Location: New York, in-person
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are hiring a Marketing Intern. If you are passionate about building your marketing career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
How to Make the Team
Bring your passion for sports and keen attention to detail as you assist in the execution of the team’s fan development strategy. You will report directly to the Marketing Coordinator, and will engage frequently with the wider Marketing team, Creative Director and creative teams, Sales & Service Managers, and external agencies.
Our Interns bring exceptional communication skills, creativity, and a strong work ethic. This role will focus on executing grassroots and promotional programs, assisting in sourcing and ordering materials, diving into the creative process and executing game and non-game night events. You will collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator on a variety of projects, including the management of Brand Ambassadors, the execution of the Isles Bar Network and management of all Marketing contesting and prizing fulfillment.
Show Us You Can
- Assist in executing a best-in-class fan development program for the New York Islanders, including but not limited to creative briefing, project and event coordination, and program reporting
- Help execute Marketing events and game night activations, such as promotional and theme nights and in-market giveaways
- Research and present new and engaging in and outside of arena grassroots marketing efforts
- Collaborate closely with the Sales, Strategy & Analytics, and Creative Services teams to build lead-generating and engaging contests across team platforms in support of database growth and fan engagement
- Assist in managing a part-time Brand Ambassador staff that will be deployed throughout the year across various team events
- Think creatively and contribute to the overall department goals
- Work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and collaborate
Who You Are
Accountable: Take ownership of your work and of your projects from start to finish
Flexible: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
Collaborative: Build cross-functional relationships within the organization and with vendors and partners
Passionate: Bring energy and a can-do attitude to the role every day
Solutions-Oriented: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills while focusing on the solutions in every case
Your Training & Talent
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Relevant marketing experience in the Sports & Live Entertainment industry, preferred but not required
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team player attitude
Where You’ll Go
- Based on current conditions, you will primarily be working remotely
- Ability to travel to UBS Arena for all home games
- In the near future, you may report to our Floral Park, NY office on a limited basis
- Events will occur on nights and weekends
What’s In It for You
- Core marketing experience for an iconic NHL® franchise
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.