In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
New York Islanders Hockey Club
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the team, reposition our brand, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
How to Make the Team
We are hiring our Hype Team for a part time role, reporting to our Game Presentation Coordinators in effort to deliver an engaging, fan-friendly and entertaining experience for Islanders fans! If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, a devotion to your craft, and a passion for sports, we want to hear from you.
Hype team members are a diverse group of men and women who will energize and enhance the production and execution of promotions for all home games throughout the 2022-23 season.
Show Us You Can
- Attend all NYI preseason, regular season and postseason home games and attend additional events upon request
- Perform comfortably with and around teammates while engaging with crowds of up to 17,000 people
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Be spontaneous and react quickly when necessary
- Adhere to all New York Islanders and NHL guidelines and policies including wearing necessary PPE and appropriate attire at all times while in the arena
What Skills You Will Use
Accountability: Taking ownership of game time responsibilities
Punctuality: Arrival at least 3 hours prior to puck drop, in uniform to review and rehearse all material as assigned
Attention to detail: able to follow directions and fulfil assignments in a timely manner including set up and clean-up all required equipment and materials
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, i.e. nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to mobilize quickly and for long durations
- Knowledge of the New York Islanders and Long Island
- Awareness and understanding of the rules of the National Hockey League
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity
Where You will Go
You will be working game nights and must be available to attend all home games. Additional team events may be required and assigned by NYI management. (Game nights and events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
What is in it for You
- Gaining experience in the National Hockey League
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.