Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most celebrated franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the 1980s and are focused on adding to that legacy. The season will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art new home, UBS Arena at Belmont Park.
How to Make the Team
The Intern candidate must be a well-organized self-starter with the ability to multitask. This role will focus on hospitality at games and events, and administrative tasks to prepare for game and event days. The role will provide game day support to the ownership group of the New York Islanders, and the candidate should be comfortable socializing with high profile VIPs.
Working nights and weekends is required; passion for the sports and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Create guest profiles using Microsoft Office
- Greet guests and ownership as they enter the suite
- Escort VIP guests to and from different locations in the Arena
- Monitor in-suite gifting and replenishment of gift baskets
- Have a good understanding of the Arena and the history of the Islanders
- Available for the entirety of game days, including post-game
- Establish excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels across New York Hockey Holdings, the New York Islanders, and all partner entities
Tools You’ll Use
Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
Autonomy: Manage your own time, work independently, and prioritize tasks
Collaboration: Work with various internal teams and establish positive relationships
Accountability: Take ownership of your work
Conflict Resolution: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills
- High School Diploma required
- Available from February 1, 2022, through the end of the NHL 2021-2022 Season
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, with specific expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and hospitality skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage deadlines and prioritize tasks
Where You’ll Go
You will be based in our New York City (Union Square) office, and you will attend home games and other events (games and events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays) on Long Island at UBS Arena at Belmont Park.
The Fine Print
This is an hourly position. New York Hockey Holdings and the New York Islanders are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.