New York Islanders Hockey Club
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is an iconic team with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our new arena, reposition our brand, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
How to Make the Team
Our Strategy & Analytics team works closely with each business unit, driving actionable insights and delivering real-time reporting. The data infrastructure that empowers these capabilities is centered around a number of primary systems including Salesforce and a Data Warehouse built on Microsoft Azure, and is supported by some specialist data and analytic 3rd party partners. As we prepare to launch our new home (UBS Arena on Long Island), we want to develop a cloud-based eco-system that will bring multiple, new data sources together.
Accordingly, we are seeking a talented Director of Data Architecture with 3+ years of experience to lead the design, development, delivery and operation of a new central data environment. This individual will work within the Strategy & Analytics department and be responsible for the operation and continued development of the end-to-end solutions and advanced data analytics capabilities of the NYI and UBS Arena teams.
Show Us You Can
- Oversee all data infrastructure for NYI and UBS arena (including management of third party vendors where applicable).
- Lead the design, development, delivery and daily operation of the new central data environment, primarily using your own hands-on technical skills, with support from the existing team and third party partners.
- Drive the integration of new data sets as the arena opens and the needs of the NYI team continue to evolve.
- Improve the existing data and tech infrastructure to meet evolving business needs from each department.
- Own data quality across the organization.
- Support and coach other technical members of the in-house Strategy & Analytics team.
Who you are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical topics with business management.
- Positive, high-energy attitude, independent, and ability to take ownership of all tasks from start to finish. Acute attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented.
- Resourceful and able to think outside the box to overcome challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a pressured environment.
- Demonstrable leadership and personnel management skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Your Training and Skills
- 3+ years as a data architect, data engineer or in a similar role
- ·3+ years of relevant hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions that enables well integrated operational, business intelligence and analytical platforms
- Strong in scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing, and API development
- Experience with managing relational databases
- Experience working with leading data platforms a plus (e.g., Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Experience with ticketing and CRM data a plus
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Floral Park, NY office, along with:
- Attending home games and other events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- Traveling on occasion with the possibility of air travel and/or an overnight stay (<5% travel)
What’s in it for You
- Expand your experience with an iconic NHL® franchise
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- A well-stocked pantry of healthy snacks and drinks
- Complimentary tickets for select home games
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.