The Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics will manage data & analytics for the New York Islanders & UBS Arena. This position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining best-in-class solutions to understand and activate our business data. This role will serve as a trusted resource and collaborator for leaders from the key business areas and help their data driven fan engagement efforts.
- Manage the organization’s data strategy and how we leverage data to drive key initiatives to produce revenue and fan engagement
- Direct key predictive analytics functions, including sales forecasting, lead scoring, churn analysis, clustering and more
- Use analytics to collaborate with department leaders to develop strategies that develop the business
- Manage automation and standardization of reporting across all business verticals, including Ticketing, Premium, Corporate Partnerships, Finance, Retail, Operations, etc.
- Oversee sales enablement systems (e.g., Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.), and the workflows between them
- Manage key initiatives that create growth and efficiency in ticket sales and service, including ticket pricing, lead generation, touchpoint management, etc.
- Manage data integrity within internal business data warehouse, Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud systems and implement structure and process improvements
- Manage Business Intelligence vendor relationships and identify areas where new vendors could provide additional value to the organization
- Mentor Business Intelligence & Analytics employees; ensure their work exceeds expectations and identify avenues to grow their careers and responsibilities
- Support the continuous development of business data warehouse by paving our data strategy, working with colleagues and vendors to develop ETL processes to acquire new data
- 7-10 years professional experience in business analytics or a related field
- 2+ years of managerial experience and developing talent
- A degree in quantitative or business field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Economics
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with data modeling ETL processes
- Ability to think critically and find solutions to complex problems
- Excellent ability to translate complex analytical concepts into business terms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple competing priorities simultaneously