Street Team - Bridgeport Islanders (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders Jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Islanders are assembling a Street Team within their Marketing Department who are passionate individuals dedicated to growing and promoting the Bridgeport Islanders Hockey Club. The Street Team’s primary focus is to promote the Bridgeport Islanders with the use of various marketing activations, sales strategies, and community initiatives. Street Team Members must possess a strong work ethic and be inclusive to interacting with all fans and supporters.
How to Make the Team
Street Team Members will support the Marketing Department at all home games and in the community. Must attend all determined events. Individuals must bring a high level of energy, positive attitude, and be detail oriented.
Show Us You Can
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Work offsite events (including but not limited to: street hockey sessions, mascot appearances, school programs, etc.) to promote Bridgeport Islanders
- Initiative fan interaction and drive fan engagement with a fun, enthusiastic, and positive attitude at all Bridgeport Islanders home games, events, and appearances
- Assist with set-up, take-down, and organization of equipment at team appearance stations
- Facilitate promotional activities and contests and distribute team merchandise, promotional items, pocket schedules, etc.
- Drive interest in and relay proper information about Bridgeport Islanders season, group, and individual game tickets
- Assist with data collection at various events
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills
- Attend volunteer outings as required
What Skills You’ll Use
- Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
- Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts
- Leadership: Take initiative and display desire to learn
- Adaptability: Quickly pivot tasks without sacrificing quality
- Teamwork: Showcase a team-first mentality
- Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
- High ethical standards and commitment to the organization’s core values
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be willing to work in outdoor conditions
- Willingness for prolonged standing; able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Where You’ll Go
During the season, you will primarily report to the arena for home games. You will also be required to attend off site events in the community during nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
What’s In It for You
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
I understand that Islanders employees required to be fully vaccinated in order to access the Company’s various location and that I will be required to provide proof of vaccination.