Part Time, In-Game Host - Bridgeport Islanders (New York Islanders) (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders (New York Islanders) Jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
OUR GAME PLAN
The Bridgeport Islanders are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate individual to join our part-time gameday staff as an In-Game Host. The In-Game Host is a highly visible and integral part of the gameday experience and must be dedicated to serving as a representative of the Bridgeport Islanders Hockey Club. The In-Game Host must possess a strong work ethic and be inclusive to interacting with all fans and supporters.
HOW TO MAKE THE TEAM
The In-Game Host must have strong interpersonal skills and needs to be comfortable speaking and being visible in front of a large crowd and on camera. Must be available to work during Bridgeport Islanders home games. The In-Game Host must also bring a high level of energy, positive attitude, and be detail oriented.
SHOW US YOU CAN
- Have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Initiate fan interaction and drive fan engagement with a fun, enthusiastic, and positive attitude at all Bridgeport Islanders home games
- Be comfortable speaking in public and on camera
- Interact with crowds and create energy and engagement
- Facilitate promotional activities and contests throughout the game
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL USE
- Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
- Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts
- Leadership: Take initiative and display desire to learn
- Adaptability: Quickly pivot tasks without sacrificing quality
- Teamwork: Showcase a team-first mentality
- Enthusiasm: Bring high level of energy and passion each day
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
- High ethical standards and commitment to the organization’s core values
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work home games, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Prior experience on-camera and/or
- Willingness for prolonged standing; able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Where You’ll Go
During the season, you will primarily report to the arena for home games. You will also be requested to attend off site events in the community during nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
What’s In It for You
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that Islanders employees required to be fully vaccinated in order to access the Company’s various locations and that I will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
How did you hear about this job?