Creative Services Manager - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Sound Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Our Game Plan
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers are looking for a dynamic and creative designer that can help take our visual brand to a new level. As the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, we pride ourselves on providing top-tier entertainment and engaging content to our fanbase that stretches from Fairfield County all the way across the Long Island Sound. We have big plans for our future and this position is going to help us go the distance.
We are hiring a Creative Services Manager. If you are passionate about creating and delivering design content and growing your career in the sports & entertainment industry, then we want to get to know you.
How to Make the Team
The Creative Services Manager is a key teammate and visual content creator for all things Sound Tigers, regardless of the platform. They are responsible for helping guide the consistent look and feel of the team across all media and branding initiatives. We need an individual that can jump right in and help enhance the creative vision for all Sound Tigers-owned properties, as well as collaborate and coordinate with the American Hockey League to help elevate our overall team brand.
A strategic, big-picture thinker who is also highly detail-oriented, you will have solid experience in working in a creative environment and a full-working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the Sound Tigers Marketing Department and will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing. This person will also engage with the ticket sales and corporate partnership teams.
Show Us You Can
- Collaborate on the visual branding guide for the team that all departments and creative professionals will be able to implement
- Build high-quality and visually exciting motion graphics for all gamedays and events
- Create static and video graphics for the organization
- Develop various logos and illustrations for both the team and specific events
- Create designs for team merchandise and promotional giveaways items
- Manage the internal design request process and the team’s creative production calendar
What Skills You’ll Use
- Flexibility: Have the ability to create content for a multitude of different platforms
- Autonomy: Manage your own time, work independently, and prioritize tasks
- Collaboration: Work with Sponsorship and Sales teams to create all sales collateral pieces
- Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work
- Multi-Tasking: Handle multiple complex design projects simultaneously
- Creativity: Set the new standard for the team through new ideas, concepts, and content
- Vocal: Take the lead in graphic idea and concept discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Bachelor’s degree (Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or related field)
- 1-3 years of experience with a heavy focus on design and creative production
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Be curious to learn
- Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies, ie: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Experience in motion preferred (After Effects)
- Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to communicate and present ideas whilst explaining design decisions to peers
- Professionalism regarding deadlines
- Fluent in design, sports, fashion, editorial, film and tech—as well as visual history and classical references
- Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
- At ease presenting your work and explaining design decisions
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
- A champion of great design
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Bridgeport, CT office, along with:
- Attending home games and other events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
What’s In It for You
- Opportunities for Performance & Team-Based Bonuses
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.