Account Executive, Ticket Sales - Bridgeport Islanders (Bridgeport · CT)
Bridgeport Islanders Jobs
Jobs in Bridgeport · CT
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
We Are All Islanders
Our Game Plan
(Re)Born out of the 20-year history of AHL hockey in the state’s largest city, the Bridgeport Islanders are officially here. On the precipice of our 20th anniversary season, there has never been a better time to flip the switch and reboot the system, planting our flag as the official home of Connecticut hockey. We are strengthening our connection to our parent club, because when it comes down to it, We Are All Islanders.
The Bridgeport Islanders are looking for an Account Executive in Ticket Sales that is outgoing and passionate to sell Full Season Ticket plans, and various Islanders ticket packages through cold calling on past purchasers, qualified lists that will be provided, B2B meetings, and at all Bridgeport Islander home games.
The representative will also be responsible to build relationships, new and renewing business and should have excellent customer service skills. This may include community outreach and grassroots marketing programs.
How to Make the Team
The Account Executive will prospect new business from provided lists, and by generating their own leads at networking events. Must meet all pre-determined activity and sales goals. Individual must possess excellent communication skills and be detail oriented.
Show Us You Can
- Significantly grow the team’s full and partial season business
- Contact prospects for ticket packages such as – but not limited to- individual game buyers, event leads and past family fun pack customers
- Call on local businesses – schedule meetings to solicit Full Season plans
- Make at least 50 outbound phone calls per day
- Assist in the execution of ticket sales initiatives
- Possess excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills
- Have heightened attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Possess knowledge using Ticket Master/Archtics/CRM
- Be Competitive, committed, and able to collaborate in a changing environment
What Skills You’ll Use
- Autonomy: Manage your own time, work independently, and prioritize tasks.
- Collaboration: Work with other departments to maximize sales revenues.
- Accountability: Take complete ownership of your work.
- Multi-Tasking: Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Creativity: Contribute to the team with new ideas and concepts.
- Leadership: Display leadership qualities and be a team player.
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Holds him/herself as well as the staff accountable to achieving the organizations ticket sales and revenue goals
- High ethical standards and commitment to the organization’s core values
- Exhibits a team-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Uses appropriate communication tone, manner and channel in all circumstances
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment and as part of a team, taking on tasks at all levels
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Bridgeport, CT office, along with:
- Attending home games and other events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
What’s In It for You
- Opportunities for Performance & Team-Based Bonuses
- Bridgeport Islanders Tickets
- Opportunities for Tickets to Select Arena Events
- Being Part of a Growing Team/Business
- A Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
The Fine Print
The Bridgeport Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have 2+ years of experience in Ticket Sales?
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?
Do you have 2+ years of Sales experience including cold calling?