F&M Bank Arena Operations Internship
F&M Bank Arena offers full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! Our internships make it possible for students to learn how a professional sports and entertainment venue operates daily. We are looking for an energetic and outgoing individual who has a positive, can-do attitude, and has a strong desire to learn and be part of the organizations culture. In addition to the duties and objectives listed below, students will receive the opportunity to gain exposure to different departments and entities within the organization. Please read below for requirements and description.
You must be eligible to earn academic credit for this internship. The organization does not provide housing or transportation accommodations.
- Contribute to common goals of the operations & engineering department and demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills.
- Assist in maintaining Info Central (refreshing event related information on a regular basis).
- Assist in inventory control - uniforms, safety equipment, radios, & other operations/engineering equipment.
- Assist in strategic planning & scheduling for both operations & engineering departments.
- Assist in maintaining arena work order system for operations & engineering departments.
- Provide support to both day & event shifts in event setup & tear down on both event/hockey days and dark days (days with no major event).
- Observe & participate in at least (1) overnight conversion, under the supervision & guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Attend meetings related to event planning & strategy.
- Work & interact with operations staff, electricians, HVAC techs, plumbers, & maintenance staff
- Administrative duties (Data entry, copying, filing, & using PC & Microsoft Office programs)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and some late nights as dictated by the events schedule.
- All interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities, with the ability to earn academic credit for time spent in an internship position.
- Juniors and Seniors preferred, but not required.
- Internships do not provide compensation, housing, or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the organization upon completion.
- As a condition of internship, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, which will at a minimum include a criminal background check and character references and if applicable, may include a driving history check.
- Be able to maintain confidential information.
Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment and our entities are an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may email [email protected]